Topic

Recommend me some PC games?

I was wondering if you guys could recommend me some PC videogames. I don't have many:

-Machinarium
-Limbo
-Audiosurf
-Portal 2
-World of Goo
-Facade
-Braid
-Mevo and the Grooveriders

And I have started to play "Ib" just a couple of minutes ago.

I'm looking for some RPG games that I could run easily or that has a good replay value, something that doesn't take much space or that lags on me like Portal 2 since I don't have a graphics card. I might actually stream some gameplay if possible.

Any suggestions?

~Eriol

Posted 12 years ago by Eriol Subscriber! | Permalink

Replies

• Have you tried Wandering Willows? I don't know how to describe it really, it's a lovely game with lots of replayability.
    Posted 12 years ago by Troll Doll Subscriber! | Permalink
  • http://game.giveawayoftheday.com/ maybe? You might have to stick around for a while to find something that interests you but if you check it regularly you might find some good stuff.
    Posted 12 years ago by diaveborn ♥ Subscriber! | Permalink
  • If you are looking for a rpg maybe elder scrolls oblivion.
    Posted 12 years ago by koolaroo Subscriber! | Permalink
  • @diaveborn, new games are posted Saturdays and Sundays.
    Posted 12 years ago by MaryLiLamb Subscriber! | Permalink
  • @Troll Doll No, I haven't heard about it but I'm gonna check it out later, thanks c:

@Diaveborn
    I just might do that...most o f those games don't seem very appealing to me and some look like rip-offs of others, hahaha...I'll see if there's anything I'm interested in, thanks.

@koolaroo
    I'm not so sure about it...it's an rpg where the main focus is just to level up, right? I find that kind of gameplay very tedious for me. Thanks for your input nonetheless
  • The main focus really isn't to level up it's more about doing quest or really whatever you feel like.
    Posted 12 years ago by koolaroo Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Well....here comes a list.

Browser RPG
    Fragoria
    Shards of the Dreams
    Remnants of Skystone
    Devil Fight2 (if theres a download its small)
    Spiral Knights

Browser RPG but has dice rolled movement
    Puppett Guardian

Browser Dungeoner
    Realm of the Mad God (pixilated but play is very good)

Browser Strategy
    Golden Age
    Jennifer Gov. Nation States(text only)

Building  Contraption Category
    Transformice
    Everybody edits 

As for Dowloadable Games: These are the least taxing on my Computer becasue they are 2D or 2.5D

Maplestory
    GrandChase
    Trickster Online
    Red Stone
    Dungeon Fighter

Everything listed is a Free to Play, some the game plays easier if you occasionally buy "Shop" items, others "Shop"items are completely decorative.or at least not necessities to play. I only play games that  normal play is not hindered and the game can be completed without HAVING  to buy from a Game "Shop". Some of the Above are much easier on this point than others The 3 most lenient are Maplestory, Transformice, and Realm of the Mad God, but any of the others are not "Bad" exactly on this issue either. Besides that the Games are free, (no purchasing) so can't complain too much:) Best wishes finding more games! Oh if you see me in game you can IM me, have fun!
    Posted 12 years ago by Lyrical DejaVu Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Oh wow! That is quite a list!

I remember Transformice, haven't played it in a loong while XP
  • I adore all the Lego games. Yes they're on console but they've all been released for PC as well. I've played all 11 from Lego Star Wars 1 all the way up through Lego Batman 2 and still play every single one of them here and there. Well all except for Lego Indiana Jones 2. The vehicle controls on that one SUCK! Aside from that one snafu every single game is awesome fun.

And yes I know they're not RPG but they are a lot of fun.
    Posted 12 years ago by Fauxfire π Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Oh not an RPG but since you have audio surf you might want to look at Beat Hazard. It's a space shooter that changes depending on the music you play.
    Posted 12 years ago by Fauxfire π Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I would say to give the following games a shot, all of them run easily:
    A Valley Without Wind
    Terraria (not an RPG, but if you like building things, go for it)
    Torchlight
    Posted 12 years ago by Ayasta Subscriber! | Permalink
  • One of my fav PC games of all time which is VERY similar to Glitch in it's creativity and originality is The Neverhood.

Trailers: 
    http://youtu.be/M7vxj8npwn0
    http://youtu.be/i3hXr-2NnXU 

It was created by Doug TenNapel whose an animator/comic book writer more famous for Earthworm Jim. It was advertised as the first ever claymation game and has the wildest soundtrack.

There was even a fabulous sequel called Skullmonkey's for the PS which was much darker in tone.

If you love unique games ala Glitch I HIGHLY recommend you find a copy.
    Posted 12 years ago by Cleops Subscriber! | Permalink
  • YES! to World of Goo!!

How about Gumboy
    and Everyday Shooter?

Not exactly a "real shooting" kind of thing...different...

ETA: sorry, not RPGs...still, if you like Goo, you'll love Gumboy and if you like AudioSurf, you'll like Everyday Shooter.
    Posted 12 years ago by Minkey Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I don't know if this is the kind of game you mean, buy Last Day of Work (LDW) has a series of games, Virtual Villagers.  I've played most of them over & over.  You control a tribe of cute little people, help them to learn skills, have children, build and collect things like shells, bugs etc., to complete collections.  It doesn't get boring, they're always doing something different, often quite funny.
    Mysterious Island and Return to Mysterious Island are good too.  I don't know who made them, but I got mine from Big Fish.
    Posted 12 years ago by Phoebe Springback Subscriber! | Permalink
  • This is definitely something I know a lot about - casual games are what my forum is (mostly) about! lol~

For games like Machinarium, I recommend Samorost 1 and 2, and Botanicula, all by the makers of Machinarium.  As a matter of fact, they have a bunch of free-to-play Machinarium-like games on their site, here: Amanita Flash Games.

I'd also recommend The Tiny Bang Story for the same kind of gameplay.  Really good, great quirky graphics - a lot of fun!

I see that you enjoy brain teaser-type games (World of Goo, Braid), and it's funny because one just got released at GameHouse, which has been available at Big Fish for a while: May's Mysteries - The Secret of Dragonville.  I haven't actually tried this one for myself, mind ;)

Along the same lines, you might like Puzzle Bots (like a cross between Machinarium and Braid), Rooms The Main Building (Dr. Who-esque slider), or even Plants vs. Zombies (Tower Defense).

In the FREE online department, you might try MOTAS - Mystery Of Time And Space, Escape the Room Games, Unusual Games, Logic Puzzles, or even Fun Enclave - A Free Online Arcade.

For FREE games that you can download, try Two FREE Games From Big Fish (Promo).

If you (or anyone) is interested in Hidden Object, Adventure-lite, Match-3, Time Management, Strategy, and more, check this thread: The Best of the Best in Casual Games, or you might enjoy the GGG - FEATURED GAME thread ^__^

You can also look at the Links to Genki's Game Reviews, which has links to most of the games I've reviewed, in a variety of game genres.

For RPG's, I have a variety of those available (mostly in classic RPG-style) here:  Role-playing Game Index (with links).  The Aveyond games in particular are very popular, though my personal favorite, though Ys Eternal (PC version of Ys. Book 1 & 2) would be my personal favorite.

All of that should keep you busy, but I'm always open to questions and suggestions, just give me a poke :D
    Posted 12 years ago by Genkicoll Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I'll second the recs for The Tiny Bang Story and Plants vs Zombies! Also the 3rd game in the Mystery Island series is the best imo, The Treasures of Mystery Island: The Ghost Ship.
    Posted 12 years ago by MaryLiLamb Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Yes, MI 3: Ghost Ship is awesome :D  I'm itching to play it again, but now that the 3rd Twisted Lands (Origin) is out, I want to play #2 (Insomniac), since I haven't played that one, yet.
  • TF 2
    Wizard101
    Posted 12 years ago by daniel5457 Subscriber! | Permalink
  • One Facebook game (I know, I know) that I really like right now is Idle Worship. basically you control a group of cute little people, and you try to get as many of the people as possible to be your followers. You're playing in real time with other people though, so they can curse, bless, undermine and help your mission.

Also, I love LDW! They're great and the games are super addictive.
    Posted 12 years ago by SeerQueen Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Just one: Skyrim + all DLC
    Posted 12 years ago by PzSniper Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Oh boy, this entry has been updated so much and I didn't notice!

Thanks all of you guys for your entries! <3
  • You're welcome!  Let us know what you like from the new stuff, and we can narrow it down even more :D
  • Is Torchlight II something you might be interested in?

Or maybe LEGO Digital Designer (not RPG-ish.. but still...)

You could use this tool to see if your PC can run Torchlight II, if you want :)
    Posted 12 years ago by Rutger Subscriber! | Permalink
  • If you want one of the best RPGs ever made try Planescape: Torment.
    Posted 12 years ago by Mount Aspen Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Thanks, Mount Aspen, added a link to my game forum :D  It's only $6.99 and DRM-free at GOG, so that's even more awesome!
  • Plants vs Zombies...and Gazillionaire are my standbys....They always make me chuckle..
    Posted 12 years ago by Tilly TrinkleHouse Subscriber! | Permalink
  • It might take me a very long time to go through all of these suggestions since I've got a lot of stuff in my hands now but I'll see what I can do.

Thanks a lot to everyone for this!
  • Sorry I'm late to the topic.  I've found the best way to get PC games,  including many mentioned here, if you haven't already, is to put Valve's Steam service on your PC and then wait for their special sales.  

But the new hotness is Torchlight 2, which released yesterday and promises a lot of gameplay for only $20.  The reviews are amazing.  If you haven't played the original, don't bother.  T2 is fantastic.
    Posted 12 years ago by AJ Tsuki Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I was addicted to Trickster Online for like three years, so you could try that out. :D
    Posted 12 years ago by ₰ℓ№ʀ Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Planescape: Torment is amazing.

I also highly recommend Psychonauts if you can find it. It was on Steam for sure but who knows...you might be able to find it elsewhere. Quirky and fun. Partially platformy, but imaginative and has great dialogue. Gotta love a game that starts with a little kid running away from the circus...
    Posted 12 years ago by Voluptua Sneezelips Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Minecraft is one of my faves. It's a got multiple ways to play: a sand-box style, creative mode where you can pretty much build anything you've ever imagined, and a survival mode, where you can build plus explore, collect resources, craft tools/weapons, and fight monsters. One of the coolest things about it is that you can generate a new, unique world every time. It's more of a free-form creative game, but there is somewhat of a story-line if you work towards getting the achievements. There's also a huge online community behind it, and new user-made downloadable mods are always being developed for it.
    Posted 12 years ago by Sturnella Subscriber! | Permalink