Topic

Little Horrors - Lovecraftian Storybooks (in webcomic form)

Hi there.

I've been knocking around since mid-beta, some of you may know me, or have seen me around sometime.  I've been away for a bit, and it's partly because I've been spending some of my time creating my webcomic.  It's (going to be) a collection of Lovecraftian and Lovecraft-inspired storybooks, in a cute/creepy style that was at least partly inspired by glitch.  I started writing it after doing some cute cthulhu sketches, and learned illustrator so that I could make it.

The first story is complete, it's called 'Cthulhu has Lost his ball' (click to go to the first page).  I just started the second story this week, 'The Very Hungry Shoggoth'.

Please check it out, the website is www.little-horrors.co.uk and I update every Tuesday and Thursday.  I think my friends are sick of hearing me post about it on facebook, so I thought I'd try casting my net a little wider :)

If you like it, and you're on facebook too, please Like the facebook page, I've started adding little bits and pieces that won't be on the website.

Thanks for reading, and please let me know if you like it :)
-Cole

Posted 12 years ago by Cole Frehlen Subscriber! | Permalink

Replies

• Just read "Cthulhu has Lost his ball" and loved it! I just wanted to give him a little hug when he cried, and it is not often that Cthulhu looks cute enough to hug. Liked the ending to, with what the ball turned out to be. Thank you for sharing.
    Posted 12 years ago by Annelie Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Thanks for enjoying it and the positive feedback :)  I'm trying to get it out there, so people can see it, but I really don't know where to start with promotion :)
  • I'd like to thank everyone who's been checking it out, even if you haven't posted here :)  I know because I can seeeeeeee yoooouuuuuu! :D
  • ha, the earth is cthulhu's ball! who can resist this?
    Posted 12 years ago by total.rebel Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Really awesome story, and great art. I would like to mention that on my browser (most recent Firefox) the navigation was a bit awkward. The panels were each *just* larger than would fit top to bottom on my screen, and it meant I had to scroll back and forth to see the whole image and also to navigate to the next one. You may want to consider making the panels just a bit shorter so that viewers can see the whole panel at once without scrolling. Other than that, great job!
    Posted 12 years ago by Belle Z. Bub Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Thanks for the feedback guys (gals?) :)  The comic was originally designed as a storybook, so I actually scaled it from an A5 page.  However, if it's going to be more web-based, it will probably change in future!

It's currently on hiatus (personal/job-hunting stuff, plus I'm not sure about the direction it's been going visually), but it will be back soon I think!  Plus the first story is complete and there to read (as well as a bonus short by myself and my friend).