Topic

Indonesian street names

I wonder if some of the Glitch Game Developer Team are Indonesian because of some Indonesian words used as street names. For example, there are:

1. Subarna Spells (Ilmenskie Deeps). Subarna is a common Indonesian surname.
2. Dodol Dwells (Salatu). Dodol is Indonesian traditional food. It's like toffee but with coconut milk in it.
3. Kura Kura (Firozi). Kura-kura means turtles in Indonesian (and Firozi is kinda' coasty area!).

I dunno if it's just coincidences or not, but since I'm Indonesian myself, I found it interesting and funny. Maybe I'll found some more as I wander about XD

I'm majoring in Game Design, and I think that's a good thing if there really is Indonesian as part of the team :)

Posted 12 years ago by Leda von Orion Subscriber! | Permalink

Replies

• I like this!  I love the street names as sometimes they are as clear as day and other times I've no idea if it is just a bunch of letters or something more than that.  Thanks for pointing out the Indonesian names!
    Posted 12 years ago by Minkey Subscriber! | Permalink
  • The job applications (and other forms) in Northern California have a tick box in the nationalities list for Asia/Pacific, it's a strong influence in the area - Indonesia in particular I would assume with it's population being about 3/4 that of the USA.
    Posted 12 years ago by Benzyl Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Oooh, that's so neat! Thanks for pointing that out :)  

My husband Don told me a bit ago about this
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Indian_spices
    where there are some Glitchy goodies as well.
    Posted 12 years ago by diaveborn ♥ Subscriber! | Permalink
  • neat!  Chakra Phool is star anise!!
    Posted 12 years ago by Minkey Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I don't know about Indonesians, but I'm sure there are no Polish devs. Or else they're rude ones :P Proof: http://www.glitch.com/locations/LA9RPI1P1QA2IMQ/
    Posted 12 years ago by Cefeida Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Wow! I kinda' figure out that the street names somehow sound Indian-ish, but I didn't know that they're actually REAL Indian words, moreover, spice names >.<

I actually found some more as I explore further the world of Glitch, such as Pipit Throat (Pipit means Sparrow) in Besara, and Sini Shake (Sini means here) in Tamila.

Thanks for the info, Benzyl. That, and also because of the amount of words I've found, I start to think that these are more than just coincidences :D

...and, Cefeida, what does that mean (if I may ask, lol)? XD
    Posted 12 years ago by Leda von Orion Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Leda von Orion wroteI wonder if some of the Glitch Game Developer Team are Indonesian because of some Indonesian words used as street names. 

See for yourself: http://www.glitch-strategy.com/wiki/Tiny_Speck :)
    Posted 12 years ago by Rutger Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I suspect there are Filipino devs also. There's a street called Bebingka Bridge, and bibingka is a kind of Filipino rice cake. :)
    Posted 12 years ago by kalsangikid Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Or.... maybe they're just armed with google translate ;)
    I'm indonesian too, and I'd love to hear if we indonesians have really spread throughout the world :D
    Posted 12 years ago by purple goldfish Subscriber! | Permalink
  • @Leda, it means Nia Is Pooping. Except quite a bit ruder than 'pooping'. 
    Posted 12 years ago by Cefeida Subscriber! | Permalink