Topic

Tell us something unusual about you

It may be a skill, a habit, a preference, anything you like.
I'll start off:

I can't stand cold showers, for some reason they make me panic.

Also, caffeine has no effect on me, it even makes me sleepy (it's a genetic trait shared with my father)

Posted 11 years ago by Prowny Subscriber! | Permalink

Replies

Previous 1 2
  • I have a strong selfconfidence. I though still feel uncomfortable relying on others.
    Posted 11 years ago by Soulmaster Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I'm absurdly good at jigsaw puzzles. Unfortunately, there's not much of a market for that skill...
    Posted 11 years ago by gilbert whisper Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I am a Certified Shellback.

Also, in twelve days, I will own a hurdy gurdy.
    Posted 11 years ago by Cefeida Subscriber! | Permalink
  • To eat a pickle I suck on them. And I eat some nuggets by nibbling the breading first.
    Posted 11 years ago by Dinker Subscriber! | Permalink
  • @Cefeida!!!!  There are, currently in my house, five accordions.  One is my sister-in-law's, two are my guy's and two are mine: a diatonic button accordion or melodion and one accordion.

I know, not the same instrument, but still, I figured you'd get a kick out of that.  Plus, hurdy gurdy makes me think barrel organ which makes me think accordion.  oh, and it makes me think of monkeys!
    Posted 11 years ago by Minkey Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Oooh this is an interesting topic.
    Okay well I play piano, (I'm the only one in my family who is musically inclined).
    I draw. I love the cold weather, and hate the heat, yet I live in Florida. 
    I also hate cold showers, I don't understand how anyone could sit in that for more than five seconds. 
    Am I allowed to list more than one......?
    Posted 11 years ago by ₰ℓ№ʀ Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I cannot abide bananas.
    Posted 11 years ago by Carl Projectorinski Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I play bass clarinet and have lived in the same town for all but 1 year of my life.
    Posted 11 years ago by Pixie Rose Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I got red belt in Tae Kwon Do
    Posted 11 years ago by Leda von Orion Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I like my eggs over medium and then I cut off all the white around the yolk just far enough out to not break it and then I scoop it up and let the yolk pop in my mouth.
    Posted 11 years ago by Alsuja Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I'm asexual.
    I'm anthophobic.
    I hate the sun. (I have to squint even behind sunglasses. Also, it's not rain! I love rain.)
    I hate the taste of chicken, except for McDonald's chicken nuggets.
    I think eggs look really tasty, but I don't actually like to eat them.
    Posted 11 years ago by Kestin Subscriber! | Permalink
  • 1. I don't like coffee, because it slows down all the processes in my body.
    2. I am totaly lazy and do nothing with my great potential :(
    Posted 11 years ago by Rikki-Tikki Subscriber! | Permalink
  • @Minkey! Accordions are awesome, it's all part of the traveling musician family, innit! :D But, no I'm not getting a monkey. :P

Do all of you ever play those accordions all at once???
  • I own a BBb ContraBass Clarinet.
    Posted 11 years ago by Feldspar Gravity Subscriber! | Permalink
  • im only 15 but i have been to czech republic (sorry if thats spelled wrong) germany, England Mexico, Canada, a few territories of the united states and almost all of the states. 
    Posted 11 years ago by Sir Rachel Subscriber! | Permalink
  • @Cefeida: oh, no...not ALL of them, just one at a time.  They are outrageously loud.  Although, my SIL can play a billion instruments at once it seems...she has allllll the percussion instruments.  She does want us all to play together one day...gotta get better at it first!  I would have loved a small monkey but I don't think it is the life for them, busking with a little cup.
    Posted 11 years ago by Minkey Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I crack my knuckles in my sleep. I am a odd cookie.Drives hubby nuts
    Posted 11 years ago by gizzy Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I have 2 extra ribs on my body (one on both sides)...
    Posted 11 years ago by Rutger Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I'm taller than I look, but shorter than I sound. And I'm 6'3".
    Posted 11 years ago by Djabriil Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I have had, in my adult life, 11 pets (3 cats: Luna Alita Tesla, 8 mice: Zuzu, Mousie, 3 seniors I never did manage to remember the original owner's names for, Brave Twin, Tails Twin, and Josie) and every last one of them has been in greyscale. One of the senior mice had a teeny tiny patch of blonde on her tummy, but all the others have been exclusively grey/white/black.
    I did not choose the colors of the three senior mice, nor the last three on the list which were babies, I simply got the 3 baby girl mice the young girl who had them did not want to keep.

I have a greyscale pets curse! I am forever dooomed to monochromatic pets!
    Posted 11 years ago by Biohazard Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Biohazard....that's so cool. And if you can imagine me saying it with eyebrows raised and child-like wonder on my face, rather than the implied jaded disinterest, please do, because when I say that's so cool, I do mean that's so cool!!!
  • I can't process numbers correctly. I either transpose them when keying entries or am entirely too slow at simple adding and subtracting. Numbers and math with me do not get on.
    I also have poor hand-eye coordination which I've had since I was a child, which is why I have poor reflexes in some games.

On the up side of things, children adore me. I've had a 2 month old baby fall asleep in my arms. I'm not sure if it is because the baby was very trusting of a complete stranger or if I have some special talent. Kids also are very much inclined to tell me random things which I don't understand why they like talking to me as a stranger, but eh.
    Posted 11 years ago by Ayasta Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I always think that another is spelled 'anouther' even when I know its wrong.
    Posted 11 years ago by Golden Apple Subscriber! | Permalink
  • @Ayasta, is it dyscalculia? My sister has that, poor thing, she studies art history, and has a terrible time with dates because to her, 1492 and 1249 really do look the same. Me, I'm just bad at math:P
  • I play the ukulele
    Posted 11 years ago by Ravenfeather Noir Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I never had a single cup of coffee in my life until my early 30s when I was dating an Italian guy. He got me started and I have been addicted since then.

I am a glass artist (fused, if you know anything about glass).

I also have a master's degree in statistics, so I am not sure if I am right or left brained. /sigh/ That probably explains a lot of my problems.
    Posted 11 years ago by Kookaburra Subscriber! | Permalink
  • @Kookaburra, I had ONE cup in my life, once, and it was only because an Admiral on board a tall ship said 'Let's go to the galley for a cup of coffee and we can talk more about the history of this ship' and how the hell could I refuse? It was disgusting and vile stuff but I had a lovely conversation in exchange. :P Sometimes you just have to.

Did it work out with the Italian? 

...I keep replying to all of you but you're all so interesting :D
  • I have every Christopher Pike book from the 80s/90s lined up on a bookshelf in a spectrum according to the neon colour of the spine.
    Posted 11 years ago by Persephone Pear Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I keep my fan on in my room in the winter because I like jumping out of bed and feeling the shock of COOOOLLLLD

I love eating those cocktail onions by themselves, such a good sour tang!

My neck is the only part of my body that feels claustrophobic (usually if I feel ill or ate too much)
    Posted 11 years ago by Sweetum Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I hold a pencil incorrectly.
    Posted 11 years ago by ÁlaricRawrz Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I run about 6 k a day and cycle 20
    Posted 11 years ago by Ultra-Dynamic Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Prowny, I'm the same way with caffeine. I love it, but it doesn't do much unless I drink a ton of it.

odd facts about me:

When I get bored (before glitch of course), I solve crossword puzzles using my left hand. It gives me a challenge when they are too easy.

I have Tinnitus (ringing in the ears). have had it for a long time. I have to keep sound going or the ringing gets unbearable and I feel like I am losing my mind. I sleep with a fan, even in winter. Power outages are horrible.

I am afraid of crickets/ grasshoppers. They freak me out for some reason.
    Posted 11 years ago by bored no more Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I can write with both hands almost equally as well.   I get nightmares ( many in my family do) when we eat bananas too late.  ( Banana nightmares :O)
    Posted 11 years ago by Thursday Soleil Subscriber! | Permalink
  • So...about me... write with my left hand, but do everything else with the right one
    My heart beats much slower that the normal people, but I'm a verry nervous person
    I'm verry sarcastic and hate anoying people
    I suck at sports (except martial arts)
    Ho and I was born with only 5 months ( I was born in June, but the doctors said I would only be born in October) I weighed 1,1kg
    and I'm portuguese
    Posted 11 years ago by lolol Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I have 2 graduate and 3 postgraduate degrees and I am not ashamed of it.
    Posted 11 years ago by IZA_C Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I'm an avid lucid dreamer, a master of dream control, and from time to time have shared dreams with other people.
    Posted 11 years ago by Pickle Juice Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I use coffee to calm myself down and manage my ADD symptoms.

I have a set of moles on my right shoulder that resemble a constellation for Rudolf the Red Nosed Rain Dear.  He stares at my whenever I brush my teeth.
  • I was a competitive fencer before I became disabled (epee).

I like cross-stitching stuff with profanity in it.

An interview with me about disability, scientific skepticism, and Deaf culture was recently published in a book alongside Tim Minchin and Stephen Fry.

My entire gaming life has been an attempt to recreate the joy I had playing Infocom games as a kid.

I used to play piano, violin, harp, and cello, but I don't play anything now and wish I did.

Randomly from this thread: TIL the word "anthophobic"; I've taught myself a little ukulele but really want to learn more; I LOVE lucid dreams but have only had three or so; I also hold a pencil incorrectly; y'all make me love this community. :-)
    Posted 11 years ago by ZenMonkey Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I love watching make-up how-to videos on youtube, even though I don't wear make-up. I guess I'll know how to whenever the urge to wear it overcomes me.

I also love watching Minecraft Let's Plays on youtube, even though I rarely play it. Playing it gives me existential grief. My computer doesn't run it well and hours later I question what I'm doing with my life (more than usual).

I'm a seasonal knitter. I only knit when it's cold. I've mainly knit shawls and hats. I also used to be very sensitive to wool and now I'm not. I don't know what happened. My favorite fiber combination is merino with silk. So shiny and soft!
    Posted 11 years ago by Bunny Lapin Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I can't sleep without a blanket, even if the weather is hot — and when the weather is hot, I'll stick one foot out to even out the temperature.

I can roll my tongue into a three-leaf clover shape.

When I imagine dates or a period of time covering days, weeks, or months, I see a looping ribbon.
    Posted 11 years ago by kalsangikid Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I am not allergic to poison ivy. My brothers and father are not either (but my mother is).
    Posted 11 years ago by JanaDear Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I can't sleep without covering my face with a pillow.
    I'm so terrified of the idea of balloons exploding I'll run if I see a kid with one. 
    I do cat-watching as a pastime. 
    Posted 11 years ago by Sarabanda Subscriber! | Permalink
  • kalsangikid!  I see the ribbon, too!  Sometimes it's printed with calendar boxes.
  • I have a collection of camaro models. About 15 right now.

WOAH, DID I REALLY NOT TALK ABOUT BACON?? AMAZING!
    Posted 11 years ago by OMG BACON!! Subscriber! | Permalink
  • When people say stuff to me I imagine it fading in on a book's page. The pages even turn and everything. I narrate the rest of my life this way too.

I also can't sleep without a blanket. I'm afraid the monsters will get me, although what a thin piece of fabric can do against the monsters I have no idea. Heh.
    Posted 11 years ago by SeerQueen Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I am obsessed with chapstick, specifically Burt's Bees Lip Balm. I have them statshed everywhere from my purse, pockets, car and house. If I run low or cannot find one immediately I go out and purchase more.
    Posted 11 years ago by MaeBerry Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I sleep with my left eye open, the right closed.

If in the day, I looked out the backdoor, to watch the foxes eat the food I put out for them, (yes, I feed the foxes that come to my garden) then in the night I would sleep walk, and stand at the back door for about 5 minutes, then walk back to bed.

I'm the only left-handed person in my whole family.
    Posted 11 years ago by Jadee Baldwin Subscriber! | Permalink
  • In the dark I always walk with my back against the wall. I'm terrified something will come up behind me!

The piece of cartlidge on my nose that seperates my nostrils has a dent in it, it's not flat like other peoples. I call it a krinkle, and I've never met anybody else that has it!
    Posted 11 years ago by Kabatika Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I hate beaches!

I can't sleep if my feet are sticking out from under the duvet :P
    Posted 11 years ago by Montooli Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I can touch my cheek with the tip of my nose.

My nose is strangely squishy
    Posted 11 years ago by shhexy corin Subscriber! | Permalink
Previous 1 2