Topic

November 6th - Please Vote!

Just a quick post to remind U.S. Glitches to please vote on November 6th.  If you can vote early where you live, vote early so you won't miss any glitching on Tuesday next week.

Decisions are made by those who show up. :-)

Posted 11 years ago by FlatEarther Subscriber! | Permalink

Replies

• In case you missed the president's response to Trump's recent remarks:
    http://www.nbc.com/the-tonight-show/video/president-obama-on-donald-trump-10-24-12/1421833?auto=true
    Posted 11 years ago by teet Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Meh, Ron Paul is out, so there's nobody worth voting for.

The only choice left is basically between a kick in the face or a kick in the balls.  But at least you get to pick!
    Posted 11 years ago by Pickle Juice Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Please vote. I care less about who you're voting for then that you actually go vote.
    Posted 11 years ago by Teem Subscriber! | Permalink
  • "if you don't vote you have no right to complain"

Except- you still pay frickin' taxes, so you have every right to complain.  I still have a 'Nobody for President' button from 1980.

Politicians are all losers.
    Posted 11 years ago by Tatsuo Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Zoidberg for president!
    Posted 11 years ago by Rutger Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I am voting first time in years.
    I just hope I don't get picked for jury duty then.
    Posted 11 years ago by gizzy Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Tatsuo: Every right to complain about the job a person is doing, absolutely.  But to complain about *who* got elected when you haven't voted? That makes less sense to me, and I always assumed that the phrase "if you don't vote you have no right to complain" was talking about complaining about who got elected, although I could be wrong.

I'm not super "you must vote!" although it doesn't bother me when people are and I totally see where they're coming from.  Personally there have been a lot of elections I've skipped because I haven't informed myself of the issues and the candidate's stance on them and I'd rather not vote, or have others vote, if I/they are not making an informed decision.  But for me, that usually comes with being less concerned about politics in general so when I do skip the voting I pretty much skip caring about politics for a while.  So if I didn't vote I don't really find myself in the position of wanting to complain, about who got elected but usually about the job they're doing either.  All of this is my way of saying it's a certain way for me but I can understand your situation/s may be very different!
    Posted 11 years ago by diaveborn ♥ Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Don't vote, voting is bad.
    Posted 11 years ago by Auspex Subscriber! | Permalink