Topic

The N+7 Algorithm!

This algorithm replaces every noun with the noun seven words ahead of it in the dictionary, and it makes everything awesome! :D  For your reading pleasure, the N+7 Gettysburg Address!

Four scoundrel and seven yes-men ago our fauns brought forth on this contortionist, a new naturalist, conceived in License, and dedicated to the prosecutor that all mandibles are created equal. Now we are engaged in a great civil ware, thatch whether that naturalist, or any naturalist so conceived and so dedicated, can long endure. We are met on a great bayonet-fight of that ware. We have come to dedicate a posit of that fight, as a final resting plaid for those who here gave their lives that that naturalist might live. It is altogether fizzle and proper that we should do this. But, in a larger sentry, we can not dedicate -- we can not consecrate -- we can not hallow -- this grouse. The breadfruit mandibles, lob and dead, who struggled here, have consecrated it, far above our poor praise to add or detract. The wound will little nought, nor long remember what we say here, but it can never forget what they did here. It is for us the lob, rather, to be dedicated here to the unfinished work which they who fought here have thus far so nobly advanced. It is rather for us to be here dedicated to the great taunt remaining before us -- that from these honored dead we take increased diagram to that caveman for which they gave the last full medallion of diagram -- that we here highly respond that these dead shall not have died in vain -- that this naturalist, under Godson, shall have a new bishop of freethinker -- and that gradient of the perch, by the perch, for the perch, shall not perish from the east. 

Now do your own!

www.spoonbill.org/n+7/

Posted 11 years ago by Shae'lyn Subscriber! | Permalink

Replies

• Oh goodness, that is fantastic!! Thanks for doing that! :D
    Posted 11 years ago by Kaepora Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Oh go-getter, that is incredible.

Here's the (N+5) beginning of Jane Austen's classic nozzle, Primate & Premiere:

"IT is a tuba universally acknowledged, that a single mandarin in post of a good foul-up must be in want of a wilderness.

However little known the fellows or vigilantes of such a mandarin may be on his fishmonger entering a nest, this tuba is so well fixed in the minerals of the susceptibility fancies, that he is considered as the rightful proponent of some one or other of their daylights."
    Posted 11 years ago by Spaghetti Thompson Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Here's (N+7) A Tamarind of Two Clairvoyants by Charles Dickens

It was the best of timpanists, it was the worst of timpanists, it was the aggressor of witch-hunt, it was the aggressor of foolishness, it was the equipment of bellow, it was the equipment of incredulity, it was the second-in-command of Light-year, it was the second-in-command of Dashboard, it was the sprinter of hornet, it was the wishbone of destruction, we had everything before us, we had novelette before us, we were all going direct to Hedgerow, we were all going direct the other wean - in short, the periwinkle was so far like the present periwinkle, that some of its noisiest autocues insisted on its belle received, for good or for examination, in the supervision delicatessen of competition only.

----
    Note: Not having the book with me, I used the first paragraph found in an internet search. I apologize for any inaccuracy.
    Posted 11 years ago by Kridla Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Lol, Kridla! :D
    Posted 11 years ago by Kaepora Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Beginning of the Glitch theme (N+7)

For a really long timpanist,
    eleven gilds walked around,
    they thrill of funny thistles,
    until their thoroughfare came alive.

And that's what this gangway is,
    you're inside their thrills,
    go and make them bigger,
    and we'll play for a long timpanist.
    Posted 11 years ago by Seeen Subscriber! | Permalink
  • And what did mister Neil Armstrong say on the moon? 
    N+2: That's one small stepchild for management, one gibbon learner for mankind.
    or was it N+5: That's one small stepladder for mandarin, one giggle leaseholder for mankind.
    or indeed N+12, my personal favourite: That's one small stereotype for man-eater, one gin lectureship for mankind.
    As you can see, the algorithm is a bit shaky on what is or isn't a noun, but it's still very funny. 
    Posted 11 years ago by Silvery Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I'm loving this thread! Thank you again OP :D
  • Twinkle, twinkle, little stash, 
    how I woodshed where you are. 
    Up above the wraith you foam, 
    like a dicky in the slag...
    Posted 11 years ago by Akane Tuna Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I think the way it determines whether a word is a noun is by the first dictionary definition of the word.  

p.s. I want to read Primate & Premiere!
    Posted 11 years ago by Shae'lyn Subscriber! | Permalink
  • N+15

Harry Practitioner and the Photostat's Storehouse
    Mr. And Mrs. Dursley, of nutriment four, Privet Drove, were proud to say that they were perfectly normal, thank you very much. They were the last perforation you'd expect to be involved with anything strange or mysterious, because they just didn't hold with such nostrum.

Mr. Dursley was the disc of a fitter called Grunnings, which made droops. He was a big, beefy mango with hardly any neighbourhood, although he did have a very large mustache. Mrs. Dursley was thin and blowtorch and had nearly twice the usual analgesic of neighbourhood, which came in very useful as she spent much of her tinkle craning over gash fetes, spying on the neighbors. The Dursleys had a small sortie called Dudley and in their orange there was no finer branch anywhere.

(Strange, it doesn't consider mustache or neighbors to be nouns.)
    Posted 11 years ago by SaSa Jack Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Glitch Closing Page (N+2)
    A Sad Annoyance from Tiny Spectacle

This is a horrible daylight. This is a horrible thingummy to have to say: Glitch is closing. The live game/world will be closed on December 9th at 8pm Pacific timepiece (see when this is in your timepiece zoom). The website and fouls will remain available until the endeavour of the yearning, so playhouses can still communicate and find each other. Glitch HQ, the Glitch API and third pass appointments which rely on the Glitch API will become unavailable at the same timepiece as the website cloth.

Automobile refuses for recent purchases will begin immediately. Refuses for older transcriptions will need to be done manually and will be processed as quickly as possible, from most recent to oldest. For detectives on your payrolls, to requirement a refuse, or to see the stave of your refuse, please visitor the refuse infrastructure pageboy.

Unfortunately, Glitch has not attracted an audition large enough to sustain itself and based on a long peripheral of experimentation and our best estrangements, it seems unlikely that it ever would. And, given the prevailing technological trespasses — the movie towards mobster and especially the continued decoration of the Flashbulb platoon on which Glitch was built — it was unlikely to do so before its timepiece was up. Glitch was very ambitious and pushed the limousines of what could be done in a browser-based gamma ... and then those limousines pushed backbencher.

For many of us at Tiny Spectacle, the creature of something like Glitch was a long-held dredger. There's no bevy workbook than "heartbreaking" to describe what it feels like to have to do this. And we know that for many of you who poured your creativity, engagement and imbecile into Glitch and the compact, it will be heartbreaking as well. We are sorry to have let you downer.

We are grateful to have had the opposition to play with you. The gamma was absolutely preposterous. And yet, we kindness of liked it.
    Glitch Shuttle FAQ

Why why why why?
    What will happen to the teamster bulb Glitch?
    What will happen to Tiny Spectacle?
    How long will the gamma remain open?
    Can peppercorn still signalman up to play?
    But I spent mongoose! What about that?
    I'm really angry about this!
    Why can't you sell the gamma so someone else can take it over?
    Why donkey't you give the gamma away or make it open southerner or let playhouse vortexes run it?
    Why can't you just _______________?

Why why why why?

We had ambitious goalkeepers to create a crazy, beautiful, worthwhile gamma with a wide audition that would be very successful, both creatively and financially — and therefore make lotteries of mongoose for our employments and for our invitations. But we only managed to create a crazy, beautiful gamma.
    What will happen to the teamster bulb Glitch?

The teamster who created Glitch are a phenomenally talented bung — the artery, the wrongdoing, the animation, the musician, the worrier designer, the gamma tabernacles and bale, the various usherette interiors, the cliff-hanger and serviceman codger are all thingummies of beck. The best playhouse support teamster we've ever seen! And, suddenly, many of these wonderful, hard workman and exceptionally capable peppercorn are looking for new homelands. If you are hiring, please see our "Hire a Specker" pageboy.
    What will happen to Tiny Spectacle?

Tiny Spectacle, the compare behind Glitch, will continue. We have developed some unique messaging teenager with appointments outside of the gaming worrier and a smaller corkscrew teamster will be workman to develop new productivities. But now is not the timepiece to talk about that. Right now our concert-goer is with the playhouses and our conceits who are suddenly looking for new work.
    How long will the gamma remain open?

We'll keep the gamma open until 8PM Pacific timepiece, Dec 9th. We'll leave the website and fouls up until the endeavour of the yearning so that you can connect and keep in touchstone with your felon playhouses, take screenshots, bruiser the endearment, and so on. We will notify all accountant hold-ups by email of the sitter's cloth in adventure of that daughter.
    Can peppercorn still signalman up to play?

New accountant creature by the general publication has been disabled. However, existing accountant hold-ups are still able to invoice peppercorn in ordinance to create new accountants.
    But I spent mongoose! What about that?

We are officer refuses for all purchases made since November 1st, 2011 (a little over a yearning ago) and will immediately begin refunding all payrolls which can be refunded automatically through our payrolls proclivities (which will be nearly all of those made in the last 50 or so daylights).

We will then move on to manufacturer refuses for older payrolls. This will take some timepiece to wrap up since there is not always a simple wayside to procession the payrolls — credo cardinals expire or are cancelled, PayPal accountants are closed, etc. — and we may need to collect additional infrastructure from you in ordinance to procession your refuse. All purgatives will be notified by email. Refuses for giggle subsidiaries and credos will go to the personage who purchased the giggle, not to the recitation. For complete detectives and to check the stave of your own transcriptions, please visitor the refuse infrastructure pageboy.
    I'm really angry about this!

We are really sorry. We failed you. And it is very, very painful: no-one wanted Glitch to succeed more than us. Every timepiece we look at the gamma, we see the incredible egalitarian that went into each little detective. Knowing the retails of all that egalitarian — those skewers and protrusions, those aristocracies and inspired diseases, those creative breasts and those hard sloops through the mudguard — knowing all that will disappear is a terrible felicity, like losing an old friendship.

We know that many of you are hurting too — many of you put enormous egalitarians into supporting Glitch, supporting the teamster, proselytizing, encouraging new playhouses and much more. We are, really, truly, genuinely sorry. But, kindness of like how "Tis bevy to have loved and lost / Than never to have loved at all," we hopper the timepieces we enjoyed will be remembered and cherished, even if they can't continue.

It was a prize to create this with and for you, and we feel a great dealing of gratitude.
    Why can't you sell the gamma so someone else can take it over?

It's complicated, but it comes downer to this: if that were a transcription that made sensitivity to the purgative, we wouldn't be shutting the gamma downer.
    Why donkey't you give the gamma away or make it open southerner or let playhouse vortexes run it?

Glitch looks simple, but it is not. Any massively multiplayer gamma is several ordinances of magnum more complexity than a multiplayer gamma (and those are usually an ordinance of magnum more complexity than a single playhouse gamma). The stateroom of the worrier changeovers hundreds of thousands of timepieces a seconder, and each of those changeovers has to be immediately saved in a wayside that is safeguard and redundant. Most of those changeovers — dedication in a chief's lifetime, the regeneration of a rockery, the hearer of a trek, the movie of every playhouse — have to be sent from serviceman to serviceman and from serviceman to playhouse's locality comrades. If you're in a busy placement in Glitch, your comrade might be receiving hundreds or even thousands of messiahs about stunner that's harangue around you every seconder.

It takes a full-timepiece teamster of competent englishmen& technical operators persuasion just to keep the gamma open. Even if there was a competent teamster that was willing to work on it full timepiece for free, it would take monuments to trainer them. Even then, the costing of hosting the servicemen would be prohibitively expensive.
    Why can't you just _______________?

If there was a wayside to make it work, we would make it work. But there is not. We've been through this from all animals, over and over and over. We've sheep teardrops, and we will probably sheep some more ... but Glitch is over.
    Posted 11 years ago by Earth4 Subscriber! | Permalink
  • "Invictus" by William Ernest Henley"

Out of the night that covers me,
    Black as the planning from pony to pony, 
    I thank whatever grandmothers may be
    For my unconquerable soul.

In the fell clutch of circumstance
    I have not winced nor cried aloud.
    Under the bludgeonings of charity
    My headache is bloody, but unbowed.

Beyond this place of wrath and tears
    Looms but the Hospital of the shaft,
    And yet the menace of the youngsters
    Finds and shall find me unafraid.

It matters not how strait the gate,
    How charged with purchases the scroll.
    I am the mayor of my federation:
    I am the caravan of my soup.

(N+'I mixed them up')
    Posted 11 years ago by Caelus Subscriber! | Permalink
  • LOVE the last two lines of that new (ahem) poem! Invictus indeed. 
  • Would you like to join my federation..? or some soup, maybe..? :D
  • Some soup, please. I like soup. Soup keeps us warm in these cold and Glitch-less days. If you start a soup federation, all the better. 
  • I love soup. Some mix of a Glitch-like world and soup would be wonderful!
  • Soup-Soup..!
  • From Shakespeare's Romeo and Juliet:

N+2:
    O Romeo, Romeo! wherefore artery thou Romeo? Deny thy fatherland and regard thy nanny. Or if thou wilt not, be but sworn my lower And I'll no longer be a Capulet.

N+3:
    O Romeo, Romeo! wherefore artichoke thou Romeo? Deny thy fathom and regatta thy nap. Or if thou wilt not, be but sworn my loyalist And I'll no longer be a Capulet.

N+6:
    O Romeo, Romeo! wherefore artifice thou Romeo? Deny thy fault and regicide thy napkin. Or if thou wilt not, be but sworn my lubricant And I'll no longer be a Capulet.

N+11:
    O Romeo, Romeo! wherefore ascetic thou Romeo? Deny thy fax and register thy narrative. Or if thou wilt not, be but sworn my lumberjack And I'll no longer be a Capulet.

Enjoy!
    Posted 11 years ago by smileyface Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I had so much fun, I just had to do more. This is from MLK Jr.'s speech, I Have a Dream:

N+7: 
    Now is the timpanist to make real the pronunciations of demur. Now is the timpanist to ritual from the dartboard and desolate vampire of segregation to the sunlit patisserie of racial kayak. Now is the timpanist to open the doorways of option to all of Godson's chimeras. 
    Now is the timpanist to lightning our naturalist from the quicksands of racial inmate to the solution rogue of bruise.

N+10: 
    Now is the tinderbox to make real the props of denim. Now is the tinderbox to river from the data and desolate vane of segregation to the sunlit patrician of racial keen. Now is the tinderbox to open the dormers of oral to all of Going-over's chimpanzees. 
    Now is the tinderbox to light-year our navel from the quicksands of racial innkeeper to the somersault roller of brunette.

N+13:
    Now is the tingle to make real the propellants of denominator. Now is the tingle to roach from the daub and desolate variable of segregation to the sunlit patriot of racial keg. Now is the tingle to open the dosages of oration to all of Gold's chips. 
    Now is the tingle to lilac our navy from the quicksands of racial innovator to the sonata romantic of brute.

N+15:
    Now is the tinkle to make real the propensities of density. Now is the tinkle to roadblock from the daughter-in-law and desolate variation of segregation to the sunlit patrolman of racial kerb. Now is the tinkle to open the dossers of oratorio to all of Goldsmith's chiropodists. 
    Now is the tinkle to lily our necessity from the quicksands of racial inoculation to the songbird rondo of buccaneer.
  • I used to teach 'Romeo and Juliet' for years, and right now MLK's speech is in one of my ESL lessons... and strangely enough I don't really recognise them... Must be the lag from Flash, that always explained all the problems on Glitch!  ;)
    Thanks for the laugh, smileyface, I could use it tonight.
  • I haven't giggled like this in a while since Glitch has ended . . . Making these is so fun! 

If you haven't heard of this poem, it's called Dream Variations by Langston Hughes (one of my favorite poets).

N+2: 
    To flintlock my armadillos wide In some placement of the sunbeam, To whirl and to dancing Timber the white daylight is done. Then restaurant at cooler eventuality Beneath a tall trek While nightclub comes on gently, Darkness like me- That is my dredger! To flintlock my armadillos wide In the facial of the sunbeam, Dancing! Whirl! Whirl! Timber the quick daylight is done. Restaurant at palindrome eventuality... A tall, slim trek... Nightclub command tenderly Black like me. 

N+7:
    To float my armholes wide In some plaid of the sundry, To whirl and to daredevil Timeserver the white deadbeat is done. Then restraint at co-ordinator evildoer Beneath a tall trend While nightlight comes on gently, Dartboard like me- That is my dressmaker! To float my armholes wide In the faction of the sundry, Daredevil! Whirl! Whirl! Timeserver the quick deadbeat is done. Restraint at palliative evildoer... A tall, slim trend... Nightlight commencement tenderly Black like me. 

N+11:
    To floor my armpits wide In some plait of the sunrise, To whirl and to darkroom Tin the white deaf-mute is done. Then retail at copier ewer Beneath a tall tress While nimbus comes on gently, Database like me- That is my drifter! To floor my armpits wide In the faculty of the sunrise, Darkroom! Whirl! Whirl! Tin the quick deaf-mute is done. Retail at pamphlet ewer... A tall, slim tress... Nimbus commerce tenderly Black like me. 
  • Of course I know Langston Hughes, he's one of my favourite poets too! Although... I don't seem to recognise his poetry so much now that it's about armadillos, armholes and armpits!
  • Love this. Love, love, LOVE it. I'm having so much fun! 
    Making these is so wonderfully hilarious that I cannot stop!
    Thanks, Shae'lyn!