Topic

Just for fun - What's your Myer's Briggs type?

I'm a hardcore INFP (or really a hardcore INF with the P being a little stronger than the J).  What are you???

Posted 13 years ago by Hawkwell Subscriber! | Permalink

Replies

Previous 1 2
  • ENTJ.  

And you know who administered my Myer's Briggs, right?
    Posted 13 years ago by jasbo Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Yup!
    Posted 13 years ago by Hawkwell Subscriber! | Permalink
  • E/INTP (first varies for me sometimes - I've taken it lots) :)
    Posted 13 years ago by Fokian Fool Subscriber! | Permalink
  • No? Who administered yours?
  • Hawkwell's wife.
  • LOL. I just been taking all the online versions. Haven't been so lucky as that. I'm taken the MMPI I (self-administered and calculated by hand) and other personality/psychological tests over the years. Rule 1 - don't rush through the MMPI questions, you can get really odd results :)
  • I've taken it a few times. I think I've always turned out INFP. I may have been INFJ once.
    Posted 13 years ago by Little Miss Giggles Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I was a P before I went to law school.  Make of that what you will.
  • INTJ and proud
    Posted 13 years ago by Spellbound Subscriber! | Permalink
  • INFJ!
    Posted 13 years ago by ♥joby♥ Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Between ENTP and ENTJ, last I checked.  Sounds right to me.
    Posted 13 years ago by chicgeek Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I'd rather take the professional version rather than the freebie online versions. Too broke right now. :(
  • Fellow INFJ, Jobynana! *high-fives*
    Posted 13 years ago by Jannisary Subscriber! | Permalink
  • INTJ... but only very slightly on both the T and J.
    Posted 13 years ago by Lord Bacon-o Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Yay Jannisary! High Fives back;-)
    Posted 13 years ago by ♥joby♥ Subscriber! | Permalink
  • INFP.

something interesting seems to have happened over the last several months. I've started swinging more toward extrovert (I'm 48.5%), and I think that has a lot to do with this game. I have chattedwith people here, posted opinions and random thoughts a ton more than any place else. I still have a ways to go ( the introvert in me limits this to the internet), but I definitely see a positive change in my behavior due to Glitch, although some of you probably wish I would shut up :)
    Posted 13 years ago by bored no more Subscriber! | Permalink
  • ISTJ, heavy on the J
    Posted 13 years ago by JW Subscriber! | Permalink
  • ENFP.

Taken at an actual career center. I was told I would be good at being a flight attendant (LOLOLOLOLOL) or social worker. Lo and behold...
    Posted 13 years ago by Cerulean Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I seem to remember I am an INFP.

oh yeah: I guess I am one  http://beta.glitch.com/forum/general/1464/
    Posted 13 years ago by Nanookie Subscriber! | Permalink
  • INF/TJ
    Posted 13 years ago by Widdershins Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Um, you aren't "slightly" or "strongly" or "heavy" on any of the dimensions.  The scales do not measure the strength of your preferences or how "introverted" or "extraverted" you are.

The score on each dimension indicates your own clarity about your preferences.  If you don't know yourself very well, you tend to score closer to zero.  If you are clear in your preferences, you will have a higher score. 

And yes, I am a certified MBTI counselor.
    Posted 13 years ago by WindBorn Subscriber! | Permalink
  • ENTP. (I sometimes will bounce into INTP, especially when I get stuck in the rut of staying at home too much, alone.  Like Fokian, I have taken this test many many times. Always comes out the same)
    Posted 13 years ago by Innie✿, Obviously Subscriber! | Permalink
  • ENTP
    Posted 13 years ago by goodstory Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I took it in college. I don't remember for sure, I think I was INTP

A friend recently interviewed with a real estate agency. They gave her the meyer's brigg test and then introduced her to the others, not by her name, but by her personality type. She didn't take that job. :)
    Posted 13 years ago by FrankenPaula Subscriber! | Permalink
  • INTJ, apparently.
    Posted 13 years ago by Vordus Subscriber! | Permalink
  • INFP/J.
    Posted 13 years ago by Apoptosis Subscriber! | Permalink
  • My core personality type is "I", but my personal history created strong affective "E" behavior. Nothing wrong with either by itself, but etiological issues can tell a different story.
  • ESTP
    Posted 13 years ago by xoxJulie Subscriber! | Permalink
  • istp     heavy on the i
    Posted 13 years ago by coolbettycakes Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I N F J dominant in N
    Posted 13 years ago by Faereluth Subscriber! | Permalink
  • INTJ
    Posted 13 years ago by Abigail Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I took this a long time ago, but I believe I was INTJ.

INTJs unite!
    Posted 13 years ago by Lung Subscriber! | Permalink
  • First ESFJ looks like so far. But I'm often ExxJ too; those middle ones like to swap around on me because I don't strongly prefer much in those regions :) J is my highest number (I like me my lists and schedules and such :).
    Posted 13 years ago by RM Subscriber! | Permalink
  • INTP, but i have my extroverted moments
    Posted 13 years ago by BeatFreq Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I know it's hard to believe but I have a tendency to border on I/E, as well. But I've become much less introverted, in my opinion.
    Posted 13 years ago by Cerulean Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Someone once told me that our behavior is not always the same as our personality.

Myers Briggs is about personality, not behavior. It took awhile, but I think getting my brain around this idea gave me a better understanding of Myers Briggs.
    Posted 13 years ago by goodstory Subscriber! | Permalink
  • My company had everyone tested a few years ago, and then someone went around and put four little color dots for each letter on the faceplate of each person's cubicle.  The point was that if you approached that person...or rather, his/her cubicle...you would know his/her "communication preferences" and could adjust accordingly.  

There were only two problems.  
    1. Most people could never remember what color corresponded to what letter and 
    2. Most people thought the whole thing was bullshit.
    Posted 13 years ago by Nanookie Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I am not being particularly dismissive this personality test with the following story. Just a story.

In college, I took a class on pseudoscience. It was actually cleverly disguised statistics class for non-math folks with the basic message that numbers are tricky things and easy to manipulate to make them say what you want them to say.

Anywhozits, on the first day of class, the professor had us give are birthday with time and location and also fill out a fifteen page personality test. One the second class, he handed each of us an envelope with our name on it. Inside was a three paragraph personality description from either our astrology chart or from the personality test.

We had us read it to ourselves and then did some polling. I forget the exact numbers but it was something along the lines of 75% thought it was accurate and 75% thought it was from the personality test.

Then he had someone read their paper out loud. (You can see where this is going.) Of course he'd given everyone the exact same paper.

One student got very upset. I love that stuff.

Good times.
    Posted 13 years ago by Lord Bacon-o Subscriber! | Permalink
  • INTJ :) there are more of me here than I thought - lol
    Posted 13 years ago by Princess NoDrama Subscriber! | Permalink
  • that's an awesome experiment, elbow. That course sounds interesting.

Part of me agrees with some of those sentiments. The main reason I took the test (again) is I was looking for something to kill time.
    Posted 13 years ago by bored no more Subscriber! | Permalink
  • INTJ or INTP. I've had to take the test a few times, and I never get a  high score one way or another on the J or P part.
    Posted 13 years ago by Queen Blork Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Seems my type these days is ENTJ. Although I happen to know in my teenage years I was something different, one of the introvert types. Perhaps this reflects life experience and my current interests and goals, or—most likely—bias in answering oversimplified questions one spontaneous evening. :P
    Posted 13 years ago by PurplePicker Subscriber! | Permalink
  • ENFP.

And personality test results are always written so just about everyone sees something they can relate to, but the MBTI is at least more specific than most.

I will say it's funny how often I say "I feel" compared to my INTJ partner who always says "I think." :)
    Posted 13 years ago by Sheepy Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Mine says I'm ISFJ
    Posted 13 years ago by sgjo Subscriber! | Permalink
  • eNfp. Heavy N. Pretty equal on the e/i, f/t, and p/j. It's funny: at work, I'm a J; at home, I'm a P.

And I find that S people often don't like me. :( Boo. Come be my friends S people.

(and I'd disagree about WindBorn's comment* about knowing yourself well if you are close to 0. I know myself well. I'm just an introverted extravert who likes to work on deadlines at work and won't plan a road trip but just get in my car and go go go for pleasure. i hate to answer the phone at home but I pick it up before the first ring is finished at work.)

(Tho defer to WB's MBTI counselorship. Just going on my own experience.)
    Posted 13 years ago by emdot Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Hmm ISTJ .. High on the I/J, low on the ST.
    Posted 13 years ago by BumbleBeez Subscriber! | Permalink
  • ENFJ
    Posted 13 years ago by cuckoobird Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I took mine 15 years ago in collage, ENFJ
    Posted 13 years ago by Fallulla Subscriber! | Permalink
  • ISTJ - Heavy on the T
    Posted 13 years ago by MzMunchken Subscriber! | Permalink
  • INTJ
    Posted 13 years ago by Varaeth Subscriber! | Permalink
Previous 1 2