Topic

Humble Indie Bundle 3 - Did you buy?

The Humble Indie Bundle 3 http://www.humblebundle.com/ (as I write this) has about 1 hour left. I personally bought the bundle. The games are pretty fun, and includes a Minecraft code that lasts until August 14th. Did anyone else buy this bundle, or get it as a gift? 

Posted 13 years ago by Mocha Subscriber! | Permalink

Replies

• Someone else mentioned this but unfortunately I don't have time. I wish I could. I'm waiting for Nintendo to release those free NES games on the 3DS, though! lol
    Posted 13 years ago by Cerulean Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I bought Bundle #2 (which slightly reduced the awesomeness of #3 as I already had the bonus games). Braid & Machinarium are especially awesome.

Bundle #2 also included Bundle #1 so there seems to be a pattern emerging here. Based on this pattern I suspect I'll be buying Bundle #4 :-)
    Posted 13 years ago by Snazzlefrazz Subscriber! | Permalink
  • d'oh! 32 seconds too late!
    Posted 13 years ago by The Cat Face Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I bought it. Liked Crayon Physics Deluxe, Osmos and Steel Storm. Others still no time to play. 
    Posted 13 years ago by Lilla My Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Yeppers! Got it today when it included #2 as well as Minecraft until 8/14.
    Posted 13 years ago by Widdershins Subscriber! | Permalink
  • ack...so bummed I missed this. :(
    Posted 13 years ago by Nanookie Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I bought Bundle #1 but resisted these last two because I never played all the games from #1. 

*shrug*

They weren't bad games, there were just so many and I'm often distracted by MMOs.
    Posted 13 years ago by shipwreck Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Darn I meant to check this out! I hope that EFF did well with this promotion - they do really great work and deserve the support.
    Posted 13 years ago by katlazam Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I've bought all of the bundles :) I love the humble bundles!
    Posted 13 years ago by leah Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I bought #1 and #2 but so seldom play any of them that I sat out #3.  Now I expect to discover that there was some real gem in #3 that I will end up having to buy at full price.

Which is fair;  the game publishers who donate their games to the bundle deserve some reward, in the form of additional sales from the publicity their games get after the bundle promotion ends.
    Posted 13 years ago by Parrow Gnolle Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I bought it. LOVE Hammerfight.

I love the bundles because, aside from the obvious charity bonus, they're a good way for me to catch up on games which I wouldn't spend money on individually. I'm kind of poor right now, and have little time to play games, but the bundle makes the luxury affordable, and makes it easier to excuse leaving a game on the virtual shelf for a long time.

Which makes me feel a bit guilty- the point is to give to charity, not get a great deal. But getting a great deal is part of how they attract lots of small donations that make up a large sum in a very short time. So...

I'll definitely buy Bundle#4. 

I did spend more than the average on Bundle#2, and bought a gift code for a friend, as well. I'm not sure she ever even used it >:( 
    Posted 13 years ago by Cefeida Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Yes, never heard of Humble Indie Bundles before it was mentioned on another Glitch thread. Great deal to get an assorted group of games downloaded to the laptop for times I don't want to be online. And love the idea of supporting independent game developers and charities.

Crayon Physics is just magical, Machinarium loved the art but tough puzzles thank goodness for the clue book and the platforms will take a lot of practice on my part, yikes. Glad I purchased Bundle #3.
    Posted 13 years ago by Suzy Spring Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Won it in a contest. Really unexpected, actually.  Loving it, been meaning to play VVVVVV for ages.
    Posted 13 years ago by Frederik Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I bought bundle 3.  Crayon physics was fun, as is the running/spinning/tumbling one that I can't remember the name of.  

Other downloads were borked and I haven't had time to delve into why.  So I've only been able to try the two games mentioned above.
    Posted 13 years ago by jasbo Subscriber! | Permalink