Topic

Geeky technical question.

Is anyone familiar with any Javascript or JQuery that would reverse the direction of an image? This is connected to the API. Not having much luck finding anything.

Posted 13 years ago by Fokian Fool Subscriber! | Permalink

Replies

• How'd this get moved? It's connected to a game feature.
  • Magic.
    Posted 13 years ago by Jennyanydots Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Yeah, I kind of noticed. I just wonder if it was an automated action or did a dev move it by hand.
    I'd throw you a little treat, Jennyanddots if you were on the Glitch Addicts chat :)
  • You either want CSS to flip the image— stackoverflow.com/questions... — or get the image data in a canvas element and use that to manipulate the image data directly, depending what you're doing.

But, it's not really connected to a game feature, other than the fact that the game uses images (like most sites on the web) and so it is better suited to Off Topic (General should be for things which are (a) about the game and (b) at least potentially of general interest.)
    Posted 13 years ago by stoot barfield Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Oh. Thanks for the reply, @stoot.  Can't use CSS. The image is in a Java Image element, which is from the API. This is Cal's code I'm working with. :) All my Glitch animations seem only able to face one direction. And I'm a member of stackoverflow too. :P

If you give me an address where you feel comfortable, I'll send you the link.

Edit: Yep. I had found that article already in my search. 
  • Yeah - you can do it with CSS but I think it's CSS3 - which you might want to avoid anyway.

This is probably related to the weird way that glitch avatars face left, but are flipped to face right on the profile page LOL

Not sure that JS or jQuery has the ability either. There *are* JS libraries that'll do it for you but the ones I looked at were all HTML5/CSS3 type stuff anyway. If you really have a Java.awt.Image then there's plenty of stuff in the libraries that'll do it for you eg http://www.javalobby.org/articles/ultimate-image/#9. If not, then PHP will apparently do it for you with imagecopy and appropriately tweaked parameters
    Posted 13 years ago by Snazzlefrazz Subscriber! | Permalink
  • CSS 2 actually works :) Took HOURS of digging and experimentation, but I'm starting to get this to work. Now for the dynamic change of style SHEET (damn non-universal browser methods).
  • Problem fully solved. Now just bug hunting and adding features (and one almost always leads to the other).