Topic

anyone here play eve online, now or previously?

x up.

Posted 13 years ago by naitPee Subscriber! | Permalink

Replies

• O rite now that the game is open errbody playing Glitch instead of trollin' this forums. DAG.
  • lol :) haven't heard "x up" since I quit eve! thanks for the smile.
    Used to play.  I was not good at combat -- and it's not really my thing, which is why I prefer Glitch. But I enjoyed hanging out with my corp until it broke up, because they were a great bunch of guys.
    Posted 13 years ago by Lelu Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Truly! I'd been off Eve for a while before joining the Glitch beta, and thanks to Glitch I might never go back. Somehow I get the same jollies over here without all the "omg errbody so serrrous!"

I'm wondering if it might be worthwhile to start a group for Eve expats, or if it would basically end up being just, like, four Glitchen.
  • hm.  don't know? maybe just a thread to say hi is a good way to start.  Honestly... groups multiply until you have so many to choose from, you don't know which to keep up with.
    Posted 13 years ago by Lelu Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I had a bit of an affair with EVE from beta until 2007 (or so). I finally got it through my dome that I could not fully enjoy this game without giving my life to it, which I was (and am) not prepared to do.

I like the idea of EVE but not the game.
    Posted 13 years ago by shipwreck Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Yep, it's tough to hang in that game world unless you are a total sperg, or at least highly resilient against anti-Semitic rhetoric being used as a tool to make you feel guilty for not participating in fleet operations. But it's really cool to see the kind of impact a well-organized group with strong leadership can do to impact the world.

I was just thinking it might be interesting to put together a group of similarly disciplined Glitch players. But the impression I'm getting is that there really isn't a lot of cross-interest between "silly, absurd MMO about milking butterflies" and "the very serious business of Internet Spaceships."

So, not saying it can't happen, but if such a group is to form in Glitch then it probably won't be seeded by a core of ex Eve players!