Topic

Where in the world...

...are you enjoying Glitch?

A simple thread to find out where everybody comes from :)

Posted 13 years ago by onizuka83 Subscriber! | Permalink

Replies

Previous 1 2
  • Hello from Greece :D 

Hopefully not for long (terrible unemployment) as I'm looking for a job abroad. Fingers crossed XD
  • Pittsburgh Pennsylvania.  
    Posted 13 years ago by Homura Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Baltimore, Maryland in the USA...and good luck Onizuka83....unemployment is everywhere....And a big HI to my neighbor Homura.....
    Posted 13 years ago by SookieYaki Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Hiya from Virginia, USA
    Posted 13 years ago by tallmerebear Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Atlantis!
    Posted 13 years ago by shipwreck Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Raleigh, North Carolina in the USA
    Posted 13 years ago by marycontrary Subscriber! | Permalink
  • @SookieYaki, Tallmerebear and Marycontrary:  Yay for the (kinda) Northeast USA!
    Posted 13 years ago by Homura Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Wichita, KS
    Posted 13 years ago by Djabriil Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I play from The Orbiting Laboratory.  Stop by if you're in the area.  Our orbit is semisynchronous, so we'll be directly above you at some point.
    Posted 13 years ago by ArtOfHands RoboGirl Subscriber! | Permalink
  • @shipwreck - we can see you from up here, but we won't tell anyone where you are.
    Posted 13 years ago by ArtOfHands RoboGirl Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I wonder if I can reach @shipwreck's location if I focus reaaaally hard after learning Teleportation V.

@SookieYaki: thank you :) Lots of love to Baltimore :*
  • Thanks, Robot Creator!

But seriously, Atlantis is one of the many silly nicknames for Atlanta.
    Posted 13 years ago by shipwreck Subscriber! | Permalink
  • NC as well. ^_^
    Posted 13 years ago by LitaPie Subscriber! | Permalink
  • i hail from cincinnati, ohio, but i live in pittsburgh for most of the year for college :)
    Posted 13 years ago by EE Cummings Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Check this out Flag Counter at Glitch Addict. It shows what countries we come from and many countries links can be expanded to say what region or state we come from as well.
    Oh I am in South Florida, but have lived in NY, CT and Chicago too
    Posted 13 years ago by PurpleLogic Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Greetings from New Brunswick! Where the license plate motto is, no joke: "Be... in this place"
    Posted 13 years ago by Johnny Triangles Subscriber! | Permalink
  • There's 81 Glitches in Illinois? Just the ones on GlitchAddict? And we've got what, twelve people in the Glitches In Chicago group? Hmm. I'm thinking we should be having a waaaaay bigger launch party....

(I'm counting all you downstaters among our numbers, yep!)
    Posted 13 years ago by Jennyanydots Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Hello from... Edinburgh, Scotland currently, but I live in London!
    Posted 13 years ago by Jessabelle Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Cowshill, Upper Weardale, County Durham, England, UK.  Just type Cowshill into the fly to box in GoogleEarth and you'll be here, too!
    Posted 13 years ago by Hawkwell Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Ontario, Canada. Lo there, peeps.
    Posted 13 years ago by Zeezee Subscriber! | Permalink
  • San Luis Obispo, California, birthplace of the world's first Motel!
    Posted 13 years ago by The Cat Face Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Sydney, Australia. Yes, I ride a kangaroo to school.
    Posted 13 years ago by Frederik Subscriber! | Permalink
  • California, USA!!!! Up in the high desert. It's blazing hot here today.
    Posted 13 years ago by Eye Wonder Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Hey, I'm from the high desert of California! Now I'm in the HOT desert of Arizona.
    Posted 13 years ago by Audaria Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Australia....
    Posted 13 years ago by BumbleBeez Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Hell.........Well, really Texas. But it feels like Hell.
    Posted 13 years ago by Innie✿, Obviously Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I've heard it's quite hot in Texas Innie :P Hellishly so.
  • I cannot sit by and have you Texans claim it's hot there, when we're now looking at our 30th day of temperatures ABOVE 110 in ARIZONA. We're in a never ending heat warning and that, my friends is HELL!
  • Audaria, we have been over 100 for 63 days, today will be day 64. Half of those were over 110. We will win the heat debate this year.

Your heat is thankfully a dry heat. Try 100+ with it 30-40% humidity. Blech!  We have at least had 2 days of rain since May. How many days of rain have you had?
    Posted 13 years ago by Innie✿, Obviously Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Innie, I confess, I don't have the number of 100+ degree days here memorized, since it hits the hundred degree mark by May and stays over 100 until around Halloween. We protect our sanity by not paying too much attention until it's over 110, which it gets to often enough. I do know that this year it hit 100 on April 1, which is earlier than normal. And I'm only talking about the Phoenix area. If the whole state were taken into consideration, the total would be even higher, especially around Yuma. I did do a quick check of average temperatures and compared to Austin, Dallas and Houston, Phoenix is higher. We'll have to wait until the year is over to decide the heat debate.

I have to laugh at the "dry heat." Everyone who doesn't live here says that! When it gets to 110, 115, 120 or above (which it does) it doesn't matter how dry the heat is - it's HOT! I don't envy you your 30-40% humidity. I agree, blech! It does get humid here during the monsoon, which, coincidentally happens during the summer. But it isn't as high as there, so thank God for small favors! I maintain my position that Arizona is closer to Hell in temperatures, lol.
    ETA: The humidity today will be 51%+
  • I'm in Wichita, KS with Djabriil.

I can see him from where I'm sitting.  He's cute :)
    Posted 13 years ago by Irie Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Washington DC!  But I am from Ohio.

It's regularly 80% humidity here, and 90F.  Disgusting. 

I once spent a summer in AZ, in the Sonoran Desert, and the "dry heat" felt delicious. I literally sat on a rock and basked like a reptile the first day I was there. The lack of humidity out there is fricking awesome when you come from 80% humidity. 
    Posted 13 years ago by Feylin Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Newcastle, Australia :)

@Frederik is not lying. I have a different Kangaroo to ride for each day of the week, don't want to be to much of a slave driver and make one do all the work.
    Posted 13 years ago by Jeff Buckley Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Newcastle, Australia :)

@Frederik is not lying. I have a different Kangaroo to ride for each day of the week, don't want to be to much of a slave driver and make one do all the work.
  • I live in the middle of nowhere, Colorado. Type in Fruita, Colorado in Google Maps, or look up the Colorado National Monument if you want to see the amazing landscape I get to see when I get up in the morning. :)
    Posted 13 years ago by Kaessa Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Howdy from the World's 5th Most Liveable Place!
    Posted 13 years ago by sugarj Subscriber! | Permalink
  • - -
    Posted 13 years ago by sugarj Subscriber! | Permalink
  • <-- in PDX
    aka Portland, Oregon, United States, not-UR
    Posted 13 years ago by Wiggles The Fluent Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Hullo from Toronto, ON, Canada (via W. Yorks. in England in the distant past...possibly in the mind of a giant)
    Posted 13 years ago by Voluptua Sneezelips Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Greetings from Egypt ^_^
    Posted 13 years ago by Tiny Dylan Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Well. Voluptua, you like your Yorks. Lol. 

Me, I'm from Lake Erie, Ontario. (yes its not a town, but I'm pretty darn close to it and everyone knows that lake and therefore a general gist)
    Posted 13 years ago by Tenebrae Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Oh man, I want to go to Ontario so bad Tene!
  • xD Definitely do it when you get a chance.  (October is the best month, leaves are changing)
    I'm jealous of you too. I've always wanted to go to Australia. (poisonous spiders notwithstanding)
    Posted 13 years ago by Tenebrae Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Hello from Bucks County, Pennsylvania!  (I feel like we're all in the Miss USA pageant right now.)  Originally I'm from around the Cincinnati area though, and I keep seeing folks from Ohio.  *waves madly to fellow Buckeyes*
    Posted 13 years ago by Varekai Subscriber! | Permalink
  • @Tene, trade for a few weeks? :P

@Varekai, OH MY GOSH I WANT TO GO TO PENNSYLVANIA  SO BAD!! Just to see Frank Lloyd Wright's Fallingwater in Bear Run. One of the greatest domestic buildings ever. EVER!
  • ...is Carmen Sandiego?

Sorry! I couldn't resist :P (the title just begged for it)
    Anyway, I'm in New Zealand.
    Posted 13 years ago by Serilyn Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Ok Jeff Buckley...come to Ontario to visit Tene and me (we ain't so far apart, all things considered, I'm guessin'), then swing down to Pennsylvania to visit Varekai. ;)
    Posted 13 years ago by Voluptua Sneezelips Subscriber! | Permalink
  • SF Bay Area :) Far east bay to be more precise.
    Posted 13 years ago by Saraphim Subscriber! | Permalink
  • @Serilyn My dad is a kiwi!! What island are you on?

@Voluptua, sounds like a brilliant idea!!
  • JeffB, it's funny, I seem to be on a living tour of Frank Lloyd Wright...several years ago I lived in Spring Green, Wisconsin for a summer, where Taliesin East is.  Sadly, I never made time to go on the tour.  I really should have.  It was such a pleasure to drive past it on my way to work every day.
    Posted 13 years ago by Varekai Subscriber! | Permalink
Previous 1 2