Topic

EARTHQUAKE?

Last night I woke up to my bed shaking and the glass on the windows rattling I felt like the whole house was shaking.  So I got up really quickly got dressed and stood in the doorframe (having only experienced one earthquake before I wasn't sure what to do) until I felt the shaking pass.  I know a huge storm passed through here last night and perhaps it was the thunder making the house shake or the wind, but I am so confused I asked several people who live by me (I'm in MO) and nobody else felt anything

Am I going crazy?  I feel funny.  Is this real life?  I have two fingers, I have four finger.  I feel funny, why is this happening to me?  Is this forever?

Posted 13 years ago by Laurali Subscriber! | Permalink

Replies

• Don't know where you live but you can always check the USGS's US Earthquake Map.
    Posted 13 years ago by SleepyAce Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Yes I checked that and it has several earthquakes (one in Missouri) near me but they are listed at like 5:00pm, and I felt this at 2-something in the morning!
  • Aliens?  :-D
    Posted 13 years ago by Stormy Weather Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Der Rook?
    Posted 13 years ago by emdot Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Glitch withdrawal?
    Posted 13 years ago by marycontrary Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I don't know, but I'm really scared I'm possessed by the devil, we've all seen the Exorcist when her bed is shaking like crazy?  That's how it felt for me last night.  If I really am possessed, can my Glitch be made into the Glitch-devil?
  • I'm a priest as certified by the online church of extreme righteousness. Consider yourself exorcised.
    Posted 13 years ago by Albus Rookslayer Subscriber! | Permalink
  • "I feel funny, why is this happening to me?  Is this forever?" Sounds like you munched on a little too much purple ;)
    Posted 13 years ago by Cupcake Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Odd, @Laurali, I live not to far from you and I don't recall feeling anything out of the ordinary. And I was up at 2am.. There was a pretty strong storm though as you said. House settling? You might have a sinkhole trying to form under you, but you live in an apartment. I would think your neighbors would have felt such in that instance. 
    Posted 13 years ago by Fokian Fool Subscriber! | Permalink
  • It's from David after Dentist! 

I don't live in an apartment, I rent a house with 2 other girls
  • Oops. I don't know why I thought you had moved into an apartment. I'm guessing more on a underground river or similar issue going on with you based on just what I know about our state's geological structure. Karsch formation - nature's swiss cheese!
    Posted 13 years ago by Fokian Fool Subscriber! | Permalink