Topic

has anyone here played Runescape before, and if so, how would you compare it to Glitch?

?

Posted 13 years ago by ShawnLabs Subscriber! | Permalink

Replies

• This kind of topic is better suited for the Off Topic forum, since it isn't Glitch-related :-)
    Posted 13 years ago by Cupcake Subscriber! | Permalink
  • im  just saying  if glitch better then runescape by far if anybody played runescape thinks that this game glitch is better
  • That's fine. But you can include that in the original topic (something like, has anyone here played Runescape before, and if so, how would you compare it to Glitch?). That way, people know what you want to discuss.
    Posted 13 years ago by Cupcake Subscriber! | Permalink
  • My nephew (8) plays runescape. My son played it when he was like 10, so did my daughter.
    Posted 13 years ago by Innie✿, Obviously Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I play RuneScape on occasion. Rather enjoyed it. Very complex, very sophisticated game and it has features that are special and unique to it. I love both games, but Glitch should be Glitch. It stands on its own and shouldn't be like any other game except for the logical items that all MMOs have (inventory, chats, etc.)
    Posted 13 years ago by Fokian Fool Subscriber! | Permalink
  • but game game do u think is better in gameplay and fun
  • I played Runescape when I was like thirteen. IMO, Glitch is way better. Runescape doesn't have a very creative or interesting gameplay, there's zero sense of community, and you can't do anything fun or cool without a paid membership. Also, the graphics are not that hot. Glitch is better in every way.
    Posted 13 years ago by Arii Subscriber! | Permalink
  • me too i think glitch is gonna really cool updates
  • RS has improved the graphics and social interplay with clan citadels. But it's entirely different game play with alot of combat. I play and like both equally. A newb still on Glitch tho.
    Posted 13 years ago by Cindy Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I like Runescape, but I prefer Glitch, since it's a lot less repetitive and a lot more social for the occasional player.
    Posted 13 years ago by Saro Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Yes, I'm barely sociable at all on RS. I play with friends of they are on and help, but I usually have to concentrate on my skill development (combat really isn't so required in the game...)
  • Glitch is a lot better than Runescape nowadays. I cannot even stay in Edgeville (lvl 99 woodcutter) for even 30 minutes now because hardly anyone speaks now (most are bots). However, around six years ago, it was a different story as there was a group of woodcutters I saw often in the same world that I talked to while chopping (I play the game for the socializing, not for the game itself).

Now I just forget about Runescape because I have totally overgrown it. I have played that game all throughout high school and now I am older than most of the people there. Glitch raises the age bar so I will be staying here for quite a while.

@Arii My grim reaper outfit is quite sweet (scythe included) and I was always F2P even back from RS1.
    Posted 13 years ago by Macs Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Runescape is programmed to be safe for young children, complete with word filters.  Thankfully, Glitch is not. 
    Posted 13 years ago by WindBorn Subscriber! | Permalink
  • yea glitch is aways gonna be better because like when u play runescape its takes so long to lvl up a skill and in glitch u just learn the skill by time
  • join my. miner club group
  • Post pictures of yourself playing Runescape!

postimage.org/image/1rantd0ys/

I am the grim reaper in the picture.
    Posted 13 years ago by Macs Subscriber! | Permalink
  • i dont really play runescape anymore its boreing i find glitch is way better
  • Anyway, I played RS for like 5 years and I quit a few months ago because Jagex pisses me off. I only play Glitch.
    Posted 13 years ago by Piratice Subscriber! | Permalink
  • both glitch and runescape are really good but glitch is waaaaaay better.
    Posted 13 years ago by drakodood Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Hi,
    Been on RS since end of 2002 so a fair while. For years the only community to be had was with offsite clans and forums.

Still pop on it every once in a while to report some bots and for mod events but otherwise just drop into chat with old friends

Gamewise they are fundamentally different, I like glitch as it is much more relaxing to play, RS because there are people there who I've dealt with as teenagers now moving into full time work /families.

I'm more likely to let my children (in a few years) play glitch before RS although I would let them onto the rs forums with a less cautious eye than I would these forums
    Posted 13 years ago by Vis Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Zo' has a learning disorder which includes dyslexia. He is an English speaker. He really is doing his best.
  • I've always despised RSOF. Only been there a few times and only posted once to bump a topic for my clan. Although there is an insane amount of anger on Glitch forums, at least here there is some level of intelligence, unlike RSOF :P
    Posted 13 years ago by Piratice Subscriber! | Permalink
  • +1 Windborn
    Posted 13 years ago by Innie✿, Obviously Subscriber! | Permalink