Topic

Take this Just For Fun survey - Edit - Results: Player/avatar genders

I've created a two question online survey to examine a couple of questions I've had about us Glitchers.  I don't want to reveal what it's about as that might pre-select who takes it.  (Of course, once you see the survey if you don't want to take it you can just exit.)  As the topic says, it's just for fun and no identifying info is collected - just the responses.  I made it on a survey website with free account that allows 100 responses per survey, so I'll publish the results here as soon as 100 Glitchers have responded.

Take the survey

- HW

Posted 13 years ago by Hawkwell Subscriber! | Permalink

Replies

• Hah, I realize I'm not a professional survey writer.  I just realized the first question has a "No comment" option, but the second question more-or-less gives away the answer to the first question.  So if your answer to the first question is No Comment, then you might as well not do the second question!!  Oh, well.
  • Have just "male" "female" "androgynous/whatever" options for Q2, you don't need the bracketed parts at all. The correlation falls out of the data, once you have your answers.

FWIW, I tend to use female characters in 3D games, but not in 2D games. This is largely because (all else being equal) I'd rather watch cheesecake on the screen than beefcake for all the hours I'll put in! Glitchies are cute rather than cakey so don't count.
    Posted 13 years ago by Spong Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Well, I don't think I'm going to get anything like 100 responses, and I don't want to keep bumping this just to get more people to respond, so here's the results after four days.

Edit:  Updated results

22 female respondents have:
         20 female Glitches
           0 male Glitches
           2 androgynous Glitches
    10  male respondents have:
            2 female Glitches
            8 male Glitches
            0 androgynous Glitches

While the results obviously have absolutely no scientific validity, they still raise interesting questions along several different lines.

I, myself, incidentally, am one of the four male/male respondents.
  • Bumpity Bump Bump
    Posted 13 years ago by La_La Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Interesting.... Now you need to re count :)
    Posted 13 years ago by KitkatCat Subscriber! | Permalink