Posted 13 years ago by Freakulouz Boy Subscriber! | Permalink

Replies

1 2 Next
  • word of mouth!
    Posted 13 years ago by cyre Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Kevin Rose
    Posted 13 years ago by audiomodder Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Since the game is over and I feel like being a jerk right now:

Only the devs can say how the game was "founded", since they're the ones that did it... well, really Stoot should respond to that question. If the question you meant to ask was "How did you find Glitch", then that is a totally different matter. In that case, I found it through the FS forums.

EDIT: I apologize for being a jerk, but this grammatical error has been bothering me since it was posted.
    Posted 13 years ago by Shepherdmoon Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I read about it on BoingBoing.
    Posted 13 years ago by Kunigunde Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Tobold's MMORPG Blog: Glitch
    Posted 13 years ago by Milolin Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I squeezed a  chicken and an invite came out.
    Posted 13 years ago by Jaen Padryga Subscriber! | Permalink
  • LOL Shephermoon!!   (((Big Hugs)))

And I found Glitch via a very helpful Glitch player who posted on and welcomed all from Faunasphere.
    Posted 13 years ago by Pirate Apples Subscriber! | Permalink
  • BoingBoing. I signed up, promptly forgot I signed up, had to remember what I signed up for when I got my invite, and was pleasantly surprised.
    Posted 13 years ago by Djabriil Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I came for some Keita Takahashi. 
    Posted 13 years ago by Aleph Zero Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I saw a friend clicked like on the Glitch Facebook page.  I followed the link because I was curious about the name. My curiosity has not stopped since.
    Posted 13 years ago by Eye Wonder Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I think someone posted on FS forums. After I heard loads of Fsers are on, I signed up. Someone also gave me a devs e-mail. I e-mailed said dev about being and ex-FSer, and I got in a little early :) Cheating, I know.
    Posted 13 years ago by KitkatCat Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Article posted to Fark, I think about Keita Takahashi joining Tiny Speck.
    Posted 13 years ago by Tzombor Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Oh! @Tzombor! :) Like me! 

I actually found it from -this- Kotaku article: http://kotaku.com/5819228/whats-next-for-the-creator-of-katamari-damacy

I'm a huge fan of the Katamari Damacy series and always have appreciated innovative game designers.
    Posted 13 years ago by onizuka83 Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I saw all the pics on friends' profiles on Facebook!  And then I asked how to join ... and here I be!
    Posted 13 years ago by Brekkana Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Faunasphere reference! :)
    Posted 13 years ago by Hua Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Faunasphere forums:)
    Posted 13 years ago by mrsheart2 Subscriber! | Permalink
  • A friend of mine whom I played A Mystical Land with facebook mailed me the Glitch link with the trailer. I found the trailer weird but since that particular friend sent it I decided it wouldn't hurt to sign up. About a 3 weeks worth of days later, I was hooked day 1 of playing lol
    Posted 13 years ago by TimeLord Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I found it on massively.com
    Posted 13 years ago by Tiny Dylan Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Video of Kevin Rose interviewing Daniel Burka, like 2 years ago. I think it was posted on Kevin's blog. Completely forgot about the game after a while, then got an invitation about 3 months ago and it was like.. "What the heck is this?!" LOL.. I've been addicted ever since.
    Posted 13 years ago by KP Doody Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I found it exactly like Saro did :D
    beta.glitch.com/forum/gener...
    Posted 13 years ago by Codex Subscriber! | Permalink
  • boss sent me an invite..joined ages ago as trumple, had a quick go and thought it was a bit boring.  Forgot about it until maybe 2 months ago and decided to give it another shot.  Can't believe all those months of tests I wasted not playing!  Love it!
    Posted 13 years ago by icatchm0nkeys Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Yup, same here when a wonderful Glitch player came onto FS and told us about Glitch:)

@H, oooh on the BBC eh?  Well, I never realised that! ;-)
    Posted 13 years ago by ♥joby♥ Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Leo Laporte mentioned it on TWiT back in alpha.
    Posted 13 years ago by justpeace Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Metafilter!
    Posted 13 years ago by Kodama Subscriber! | Permalink
  • i forget... nope nothing comes to mind on how i found it lol
    Posted 13 years ago by GiaTori Subscriber! | Permalink
  • An article somewhere with a link to the Glitch website. I visited, signed up to get an invite when available, waited awhile, and got in.
    Posted 13 years ago by Supershero Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I'm not sure, but I'm glad I did.
    Posted 13 years ago by Lexi Smart Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Found it through Kotaku. Signed up to be on the list for an invite, then promptly forgot it. Once I finally did get my invite, I was like...what the heck is Glitch? But I signed up anyway, and thank goodness.
    Posted 13 years ago by Ferbot Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Faunasphere Forums - as our game was being closed, someone posted there about Glitch as an option for a new game to try out.
    Posted 13 years ago by b3achy Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Faunasphere forums for me too ;)
    Posted 13 years ago by Starfall Subscriber! | Permalink
  • On a Katamari Forum....
    Posted 13 years ago by Mikan Subscriber! | Permalink
  • A fb friend shared the trailer b/c he thought it was awesome... which it was of course.
    Posted 13 years ago by La_La Subscriber! | Permalink
  • An article posted on Slog, one of my favorite blogs. The article: slog.thestranger.com/slog/a...

I watched the trailer, and all I could think was: WANT. I went to the site and signed up on the waiting list immediately.
    I'd all but forgotten about it until that fateful day three months ago that I was finally invited..sigh.
    Posted 13 years ago by Alexah Subscriber! | Permalink
  • From a dear, beloved friend.
    Posted 13 years ago by oli kins Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Faunasphere \o/
    Posted 13 years ago by Lilica Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Some fine friends were playing, and their conversation on facebook was so strange and entrancing, I had to sign up.

As an aside, the error in the initial question is because, I think, the asker's first language isn't English (I followed links to his Steam profile). I'm anal about spelling, grammar, and punctuation, but in this case, I think Freakulouz Boy is waaaay braver at communicating in another language than I will *ever* be.  +1, man. Keep fighting crime.
    Posted 13 years ago by Voluptua Sneezelips Subscriber! | Permalink
  • GOD sent me an email. He knows! 

I don't have a facebook, never seen or heard anything about Glitch, but the Giants successfully imagined me and tell the GOD to send me a revelation. :D
    Posted 13 years ago by jenderal.cilik Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I must have first read about it in a flickr discussion or in TechCrunch or somewhere like that.   I do remember taking note when it was reported in New World Notes blog (blog about secondlife and other virtual worlds).   That's a great blog.   I went and visited it yesterday and there was a link to a wonderful video.  If you ever used to hang out in video game arcades it is worth the 15 minutes it takes to watch.  I promise.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4WPZbwDHz-0&feature=player_embedded

Part fiction, part documentary.   Its about a "fictional former game master" who wanders the metaverse and relives his glory days.   
    Posted 13 years ago by Treesa Subscriber! | Permalink
  • and its a WAY better productive use of your wait time than hashing it out over trolls, perceived trolls, and troublesome threads in the glitch forum discussions.
  • really, it is.
  • A friend of mine showed me it. Then I felt like making an account so I can play it.  :)
    Posted 13 years ago by ItsShoop Subscriber! | Permalink
  • faunasphere! ( a closed game )
    Posted 13 years ago by GiaTori Subscriber! | Permalink
  • The Kotaku article about Takahashi-san! (:
    Posted 13 years ago by Chaesun Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Years ago I entered my details on a page on Flickr, or maybe Stoot or Cal's blog or somewhere, I forget. Something along the lines of "sign up here to be told if GNE ever gets back off the ground". Then I got an email invite from GOD out of the blue at the end of April.
    Posted 13 years ago by Zog Subscriber! | Permalink
1 2 Next