Topic

Who are you? What do glitches do outslide of Glitch?

I'm just curious about the approximate age group of the people who play this game. Everyone seems a bit older than the usual crowd, but I'm not positive if that's true or not. I guess I'll start.

I'm Sam, I'm 21, currently an undergraduate for Economics and Psychology. I like to socialize and party, but love to get wrapped up in video games. I heard of Glitch because I heard the creator of Katamari Damacy was actually helping out on this Glitch thing and I wanted to play ever since. And I'm glad I got into it during beta!

How 'bout you?

Posted 13 years ago by Leumas Subscriber! | Permalink

Replies

1 2 3 Next
  • Howdy, Names Marc , From England, Living in England, Hating England :P. I am 18 years old  i am Autistic and also have ADHD, and Dispraxia. I am currently unemployed,  (apart from a part time job) I aspire to get into the game industry, hopefully something to do with player support or Community management. I am a GIANT gamer and Have played a couple of mmos (lost interest very quickly, unlike glitch) I am hoping to go into an apprenticeship, (got an interview for a IT, Customer service and Business one tomorrow!) And hopefully will oneday work for TinySpeck (one can only dream huh) My Dream is to live and work in america (at ts of course :D ) Anyways, hope to see some of ya in the game soon
    Posted 13 years ago by Marcm Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Ohhhhh, sounds good David!! Which uni you hoping to go to? May I suggest not Newcastle Uni, it's shite.
    Posted 13 years ago by Jeff Buckley Subscriber! | Permalink
  • @Jeff, I was thinking hopefully) going to the London School of Economics (that's the dream anyway =)) If not, possibly, Melbourne Uni or Deakin Uni. Both of which i've heard good things about =)
    Posted 13 years ago by Toastman Subscriber! | Permalink
  • @Toastman, I really hope that works out for you man! That would be a spectacular experience. If it doesn't Melbourne and Deakin Uni are pretty sweet, so either way you win :)

Might actually be coming to Melbourne Uni year after next, we'll see what happens.
  • @Jeff, thanks man =) Hope you have a great life too =D
    Posted 13 years ago by Toastman Subscriber! | Permalink
  • @Toastman

*lady, I should probs stop using guy avi's, just confuses everyone :D
  • I'm Julius, 25, male, from the Philippines.

I'm a development engineer at a large international electronics company producing optical disc drives. I work 8-6 and going home to Glitch is my solace.

I love watching Parks and Recreation, Community, and It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia.
    I listen to Regina Spektor and Paolo Nutini all day.
    Sometimes I read books by Agatha Christie and Chuck Palahniuk.
    I'm a sucker for Korean/Japanese violent movies.
    Lastly, I'm usually introverted IRL.
    Posted 13 years ago by The Black Chicken Subscriber! | Permalink
  • My name is Travis and I'm 16 years old.
    I'm taking some college-level medical classes and I want to go into the medical field.
    I also want to be a teen fiction author! And I've always had this dream to work in Disney World. I used to want to be an Imagineer, but I absolutely hated taking architecture because of the teacher, so I don't have any prereqs to go into that.
    I absolutely love Lady Gaga and Tumblr. 
    I'm very, VERY shy, very self-conscious, but really loud and obnoxious once you get to know me.
    Posted 13 years ago by Mons†er Subscriber! | Permalink
  • o/
    My name is Seth , and i am 31 years old. I live in NY, and have been playing online games on and off since 2002.

I have recently decided to go back to school for Social Work , and am currently a substance abuse counselor. Generally i am not a big fan of people, but i try to pitch-in and help every once and awhile.

I judge books solely on their endings, songs on their hooks and people if they know who Father Guido Sarducci is. I am a bit sardonic, but in a hugable lovable way.  I'll watch any Woody Allen Movie, but preferably with a pretty dame.

Welcome Home
    Posted 13 years ago by Revrent Subscriber! | Permalink
  • @Julius 

OHMYGOSH HOW GOOD IS PARKS AND REC?? And It's Always Sunny, you have wonderful taste in shows!

@Monster, OH HAI! You sound so familiar :P

@Seth, good for you! I really admire anyone who gets into counselling. It would be one heck of a job.
  • I love Gerry. I love it when they bully him around. As for IASIP, I love the fact that they're all class-A jerks. The episode where Mac imagined Dee as an ostrich was LOL hilarious.
  • haha poor Jerry! The worst one is where they're digging up dirt on each other.

Isn't it fantastic in IASIP how they are all just the biggest jerks and self-centred idiots, yet you can't help but want to watch them. I love Charlie the most. And despite my extreme dislike of Danny Devito, or maybe because of it, he really just works in the show. 

I love that Mac and Dee, and Charlie and the Waitress are married couples in real life, so funny.
  • Katie. 30, freshly married, and about to move to Germany for his job.  I have a Redfooted tortoise named Lois, who is 19 and I have had for 18 years.  She has her own Facebook page now. 

When I'm not moving to another continent, I teach science. I've taught every grade from kindergarten up to college kids....and I think I like middle school the best. They're completely insane, but also the most engaged.  I am not teaching this year because of the impending move and I miss it horribly. I'm subbing now and then, but it's not the same as having my own classroom and students. 

Lois misses it too. She used to go to school with me every day and now she hangs out by the front door about the time we would be leaving, trying to figure out why we are NOT leaving.  hopefully I will get a teaching job in Germany and we can both get back to the classroom!
    Posted 13 years ago by Feylin Subscriber! | Permalink
  • @Katie, congratulations on your marriage!! Lois sounds adorable. I really hope you snag a teaching job once you make the big move.
  • My name is Jennifer! Im 17 years old and i live in California, in San Fernando valley.its like 30 min. away from LA.  I recently heard about Glitch from a website and i just had to try it out. Now Im just obsessed! 
    i just recently decided i wanted to become an ASL interpreter and later switch to helping the deaf kids. I love to read and watch any kind of movies!  Im a senior at San Fernando high School, where george Lopez also attended *wink wink*!
    where i live isn't safe at all! thats why i want to move away as far as possible, maybe like Canada, Australia or in the UK. 
    Im graduating this year and I am scared like hell! i just hope i'll make it in the real world. 
    Posted 13 years ago by Bet Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Thanks Jeff Buckley! Being married is a pretty good deal, thus far. 

Jennifer- if you're headed to college to be an ASL interpreter and would like to help kids...make sure to get your teaching license.  There are TONS of jobs for special ed teachers who also are fluent in ASL. It's a really big need in public schools right now.  Good luck :)
    Posted 13 years ago by Feylin Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I'm Scotty, 21.
    Born and raised in Nova Scotia, now lives in the Philippines.

I love surfing (they have great beaches here) and riding my motorcycle. I also like old sci-fi novels, I've probably read Ender's Game a million times over.

Also, I have a penchant for poetry but I'm not showy. :p
    Posted 13 years ago by Monsieur Poirot Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I'm 26, happily married, and a web developer with interests in software dev too.  I'm also pregnant (first trimester at this point) so I usually play Glitch only in bursts due to falling asleep/throwing up/other joys of pregnancy.  I'm from New Zealand...hmm..

Really hard to think of what to say :).  Feel like this post is going to sound so uninteresting beside everyone else, but I'm having a go anyway heh.

I'm christian, write poems on odd occasion, digitally paint, code, enjoy linux/opensource.  Eschew facebook.  Like some others here I have a diagnosis of mild ASD, but it may or may not be accurate.  This is the first graphical game I've played in a long time.  Other than this I've played nethack (alt.org/nethack primarily) and a variety of MUDs.  I can speak Latin and can recognise some Quenya/Tengwar.  My favourite shell is bash, though I am still a linux newbie.  I can almost live day-to-day completely in the command line - still struggle to umount stuff manually though.  My favourite book of the bible is psalms.  Also...

vim > emacs

:wq
    Posted 13 years ago by Lara Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Well.. I am just going to post my Facebook bio since it describes me pretty well... not because I'm lazy I swear! =P

I am a very open-minded person who will talk about pretty much anything. I enjoy chatting with smaller groups of people more than hanging out in a large crowd. I usually have a good sense of humor, but I tend to be a little insecure which is something I am slowly working on. Technology is something I admire and I LOVE troubleshooting so feel free to ask me for help. I also make a good listener if you need someone to rant to.

I love spicy food, most music from the 90's, anime, video games, watching shows, and chatting (sometimes all at the same time =D.)

I am 26 and do maintenance for the county buildings where I live (electrical, plumbing, some janitorial, etc). Single, no kids, never been married (goes with being insecure I guess). I share an apartment with my brother (Deitron) and our friend we went to school with (Bajuba).

Me

EDIT: Oh and my name is Josh... guess that part is kinda important lol.
    Posted 13 years ago by Ryft Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I work for an organ transplant tracking software company doing database stuff and remote installs at major hospitals.  
    Posted 13 years ago by Artilect Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Rob, 26, lived in Vancouver, now doing a PhD in psychology in the UK. Interest in data science, game design, and story telling. My thesis topic is how magicians use misdirection and what it means for our theories of attention and perception, so that's pretty weird.

Lotsa academic types here, eh?
    Posted 13 years ago by RobMagus Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Hello,
    I am a 26 yr old female. 
    Going to school for Interior Design. 
    Originally from Colombia. 
    I now live in Seattle. WA
    and I love all the different personalities of this game!

I am so surprised that the age group is more like 20+  I love it. 

N e way.. that's all for now :D
    Posted 13 years ago by TriFeCta * Subscriber! | Permalink
  • True. Lots of academic types. And cool moms. This place has a weird social structure and I love it for that.
  • Another academic and artsy type here!

I play Glitch as a break from finishing my dissertation for my Ph.D. in English literature. I teach English, but I'm also a musician (bass guitar and vocals) and artist (painting and costume design). And a goth--I love my Glitch's little goth cottage!

Favorite poets: W.B. Yeats, Percy Bysshe Shelley, William Blake
    Favorite bands: Muse, The Cure, Pure Reason Revolution
    Favorite artists: Wassily Kandinsky, Mark Rothko, Vincent van Gogh

Nice to meet you all!
    Posted 13 years ago by Dr.Maud, Obviously Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I'm Zack. I'm 24 years old and working on my master's in structural engineering. I'm an atheist, liberal, and a video game player for life.

DJabriil: If you're still reading this thread, I really love Industrial, and don't mind Dubstep either. Good on you for producing what I consider to be two of the best electronic music genres!
    Posted 13 years ago by Zinfidel Subscriber! | Permalink
1 2 3 Next