Topic

what have you done since the shutdown?

i mean, besides looking longingly at your homepage?

i have done laundry (a full load), baked carrot bread. trimmed and jarred watermelon pickles, cleaned my kitchen countertops and now i'm just finishing off a batch of watermelon sorbet.

...and of course i had time to brush my teeth and use the bathroom now that i'm not tied to my computer.

Posted 13 years ago by flask Subscriber! | Permalink

Replies

• You make me feel inadequate. ;)

I showered and had dinner, fed the animals, and surfed the net.
    Posted 13 years ago by Kaessa Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I made zucchini lasagna, fresh salsa, and went to FedEx to send a shipment.  

I MUST know more about watermelon pickles - is it pickled watermelon, or watermelon flavored cucumber bits??

ETA:  Speaking of showers, I replaced the showerhead.  Since now I will be needing it again, test being over and all.
    Posted 13 years ago by Wiggles The Fluent Subscriber! | Permalink
  • It shut down at 8pm my time, so I had a late dinner, walked dog, and spent a little time with my partner, then caught up on some sleep :D
    Posted 13 years ago by Ebil Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I played a couple games of Dominion with my husband and daughter. Got a little farther in the book I've been reading, part of Robert Jordan's Wheel of Time series. Had grilled burgers for supper. Read through some of the forums while my husband watched football. Slept 4 hours, read more of the FAQs, strategy guides, wiki, etc for 2 hours. Slept a couple more hours. Had breakfast. Pretty much feel like a zombie right now, so I hope that coffee starts working soon.
    Posted 13 years ago by Zany Serendipity Subscriber! | Permalink
  • @wiggles: watermelon pickles are just pickled watermelon rind. it's an old fashioned way not to waste usable food. use any pickle brine you like. trim the outside shell mostly, though. it's extra crunchy, but not so good.
    Posted 13 years ago by flask Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I have vacuumed and mopped all my floors downstairs, dusted, did laundry, cleaned my kitchen, bought groceries, and spent some time with my son. Today we are having a party at my sister in law's house for my son and step brother (they are both the same age). Tomorrow I have to take my son back to school :(
    Posted 13 years ago by Innie✿, Obviously Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I cleaned my kitchen! >.<

I seriously need to vacuum, too. I should go do that now, instead of goofing off on the computer. All of you enthusiasts need to come and help me do some housework. ;)
  • Hooray! Vacuuming done! Now I need to have dinner, read, and relax.
  • Completed dragon age origins in 2 days, started dragon age 2, and borderlands===== EPIC
    Posted 13 years ago by Marcm Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I've....

Helped husband with purchase of a new grill.

Had sore throat.

Had bath.

Finished book.  

Not much, really...
    Posted 13 years ago by jasbo Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I finally left the house and got emergency food/stuff for Tropical Storm Lee....
    Posted 13 years ago by Xyrem Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Be safe and don't float away!
  • Some of you are so much more productive than me.

I had dinner out with the family yesterday right after the game closed, bought groceries and a new bedset for my house at the college, wrote a little, threw together a load of laundry, and completely failed to do any more of my readings for class.

I should perhaps do that now. ._. 
    Posted 13 years ago by Haiku Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I've joined / surfed sites relating to glitch, created a twitter account specifically for glitch, checked out the forums and finally tonight found the nerve to actually start posting! I've watched longingly for the 'We're currently closed' sign to vanish and refreshed the page often. So, pretty much, everything glitch. 
    Away from the computer I have cared for my pets (and they have cared for me) and visited friends - not much else :D
    Posted 13 years ago by The Pheebs Subscriber! | Permalink
  • My mom got into town literally 30 minutes after game closed down so we spent the weekend hanging out with family.  Then the car was in the shop for way too much work that cost way too much money.  On Monday I ever so carefully slept in while Djabriil took care of the boys (he's such a good man!) and then played with the kids.  Today was errands.  Boring huh?
    Posted 13 years ago by Irie Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Went to class, did class work, did some assignment stuff. Went home for the weekend for fathers day. Made cottage pie.
    Posted 13 years ago by Jeff Buckley Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Bought a new refrigerator, because mine decided that dying on a holiday weekend was the perfect time.

This also meant that my husband and his best friend got to unload it out of the pickup and bring it into the house themselves, because Home Depot couldn't deliver it until Thursday. Ummm... no. Now they're telling me the old refrigerator that they would have hauled away for free if I would have waited for free delivery on Thursday is going to cost money if I bring it to them and drop it off.

On the positive side, the new refrigerator is spiffy.