Topic

Feats of Strength

In tandem with the Airing of Grievances thread, I felt it only appropriate to begin a thread for the sharing of Feats of Strength.

I lifted a box full of tiles and dumped them into the garbage bin this week and managed to not ruin my back. I've also successfully arm wrestled an Inuit prince (not really).

Proceed!

Posted 13 years ago by shipwreck Subscriber! | Permalink

Replies

• I fixed a car all by myself! I felt (briefly) quite awesome!
    Posted 13 years ago by Djabriil Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Think moving house is tiring? I had to move all the furniture in my apartment by myself in a weird kind of speed trial, because the apartment upstairs had flooded and it began to rain from the ceiling all over the place (it rained for 3 days!).  Meanwhile I was trying to call my upstairs neighbour, the plumber, try not to give my upstairs neighbour a heart attack, and continually move my computer/electronic equipment as new places in the ceiling started dripping.  I was exhausted!

I'm eternally grateful that it was clean water from the toilet cistern causing the flood, and NOT water from the other possible place in the toilet.
    Posted 13 years ago by Trowzers Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I just scored my first real job post college!
    Posted 13 years ago by ☠ lala512 ☠ Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Congrats!!!!!
    Posted 13 years ago by Gabi Subscriber! | Permalink
  • @Gabi THANKS!
  • I re-started Couch- to-5k today. I want to run the local Halloween and thanksgiving 5Ks this fall. :)
    Posted 13 years ago by emdot Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I put my socks on! :)
    ...I was thinking about putting socks on since the 1st, so it only took me 6 days! :o  
    I have a no socks from June - August rule.  So usually, as soon as it's September, I break out the socks.  
    Posted 13 years ago by Ebil Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Good job, Ebil!

.. I got a hug from a really grumpy person.
    Posted 13 years ago by Zeezee Subscriber! | Permalink
  • @emdot I keep meaning to start C25k, having had good luck with the 100 pushups program, but I always wimp out. (Running and I don't get along. At all.)

My feet of strength for the day is moving three full record center cartons (think big copy paper box) into/out of my boss's office. Woooooooo!
    Posted 13 years ago by Sheepy Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Successfully lifted an Ikea cube book case from the store to the car, then from the car to the house, then up the stairs, then put the so-and-so together.
    Posted 13 years ago by shipwreck Subscriber! | Permalink
  • @emdot @Sheepy

You guys are so motivated! I need to get off my butt and exercise.

@shipwreck
    The hardest part of having Ikea furniture is moving them after they're assembled. It's as if you can't move them without breaking them.
  • I rearranged my sewing room! Involving dragging a large dresser (which I use for holding books and things), and a bookshelf stuffed with fabric across the room, and dragging a card table out of the backyard garage, into the house and up 2 flights of stairs, which I somehow crammed into the corner of the room. YAAAAAY.
    Posted 13 years ago by Cupcake Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Wooo go cupcake :P Well my grievance has finally turned into strength. I'm about to go lift five large boxes of college dorm gear up stairs and into my room. Still not all six boxes...but at this point I will get what I can, that is as long as it comes eventually.
    Posted 13 years ago by Gabi Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Does mental strength count?
    I memorised all 434 lines of The Waste Land. Because I was bored.
    Posted 13 years ago by Frederik Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Does staying at home studying on an incredibly beach worthy day count?
    Posted 13 years ago by Jeff Buckley Subscriber! | Permalink
  • nvm about mine, the weather decided to turn to crap as soon as I hung washing out on the line
    Posted 13 years ago by Jeff Buckley Subscriber! | Permalink