Topic

Things you're surprised no one sells

In our consumer age, if it isn't nailed down, someone's trying to sell it. Suggest something you haven't seen sold.  You never know, it could be the 'next big thing'. (I once made jokes about solar powered night-lights, but alas, they are for sale now).

1.  Pre-boiled water.  You'll never need to boil your water again!

Posted 13 years ago by Zeezee Subscriber! | Permalink

Replies

• uhm isn't that what essentially reverse osmosis bottled-water is? I mean purified to kill bacteria and other biological thingies....

now dehydrated water...just add water... 
    Posted 13 years ago by Xyrem Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Nono. They can claim you don't need to boil it. It's already been boiled. Heck with purification.
    Dehydrated water is a good one.
    Posted 13 years ago by Zeezee Subscriber! | Permalink
  • To be honest, I'm surprised how many things people DO sell. I was having a constant argument with my former roommate over the frozen potato wedges she used to buy. We have a perfectly decent six-days-a-week farmer's market just down the street, where you can buy real, unfrozen, fresh potatoes for a fraction of what the packaged ones cost. Plus you don't have the plastic bag on your eco-conscience.

She claimed it was just easier to buy them pre-made. PRE-MADE POTATO WEDGES. Seriously! When for a whole fresh potato, the entire preparation consists of:

1.washing
    2.slicing

Thirty seconds, it takes. And yet the world is full of people who have been conditioned to think that if something comes in a colourful bag, it's better.

The mind, it is boggling.
    Posted 13 years ago by Cefeida Subscriber! | Permalink
  • On the subject of surprising things people do sell:
    Banana cases - don't they already come in a case?
    Posted 13 years ago by Djabriil Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Actually I can dig the banana cases. Have you ever tried to pack a banana safely for a trip? Impossible! They always squish. 
  • I can honestly say I have never tried to pack a banana for a trip :) You got me there.
  • Okay, now I'm giggling over banana packing.  Sounds like an insult from the old west:

"You low-down, lily-livered banana packer."

Hi, I'm jasbo and I've been able to drive for 24 years, but I'm still 12 inside.
    Posted 13 years ago by jasbo Subscriber! | Permalink
  • lol I completely understand...
  • Whatever age you join Glitch, you'll always end up turning 12 again. :)
    Posted 13 years ago by Chemisie Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Hahaha jasbo :D 

I take long bike trips, and if I just dropped a banana into the saddle bag without protection, it wouldn't last the first ten miles. Even crackers turn to crumbs much too quickly.
  • That makes sense... hadn't ever really considered needing to haul around a banana before, I guess, but I could see how banana-mash in your saddle-bag might rain on your parade a little bit.
  • Not a fun thing to find when you stick your hand in (eewwwww)
  • Now if only there were Kiwi-Keepers...
  • @Jasbo, hahahahahahahahaha

Obviously there is a massive need for people you can buy for certain occasions to follow you around and do a running commentary of what you're doing. Or maybe even just the occasional salient or meaningful comment every now and then :D
    Posted 13 years ago by Jeff Buckley Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Ooh, or a background-music band...
  • This is starting to remind me of Monty Python. I can just see John Cleese or Eric Idle doing a commentary about what you're doing. 
    Posted 13 years ago by Tenebrae Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Ohhh a band playing background music would be magical.

It actually reminds me of Scrubs when there is that opera guy following him around singing "Miiiistaaaaaaake" every time he does something stupid.
  • Yeah, I thought of that and the episode of Family Guy where Peter wished he had his own theme music: "Ridin' on the bus/Sittin' next to bums/There's an open seat/Hope that isn't pee..." lol
  • Kiwi-Keepers! LOL... now we need Apple Armour, Pineapple Protectors and Strawberry Suitcases.
    Posted 13 years ago by Snazzlefrazz Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Blueberry briefcases, whortleberry wagons, cloudberry cases.
    Posted 13 years ago by jasbo Subscriber! | Permalink
  • OK those sound like flavored condoms now....
    Posted 13 years ago by Xyrem Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Flavored steering-wheel covers. For those times you're bored in the drive-through and just can't wait for your food.
  • Djabriil wrote: Now if only there were Kiwi-Keepers
    That's why we invented New Zealand!

ZING!
    Posted 13 years ago by Skwid Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Ohhh... well-deserved rimshot :)

(...guess I can go ahead and shut down that Kickstarter campaign...)
  • If only NZ would keep the kiwi's in. Kiwi being slang for someone born in NZ. I think half of NZ ends up in Australia.