Topic

I finished two flying saucers today.

Tomorrow I'll start (again) to make the 4 alien invader Robots that go with them. 

What are you guys doing this weekend?

Posted 13 years ago by ArtOfHands RoboGirl Subscriber! | Permalink

Replies

• I went to an old car festival, got all dressed up in my 50's get-up. It was fun.
    Posted 13 years ago by Jeff Buckley Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Pics or it didn't happen!  ;-) 
  • Ahhhh!! I have pics of the cars, not of me, haha. Although a random guy I met named Joseph asked me to pose by a car :D
  • I'm going to a Jimi Hendrix Tribute marathon... 48 hours of more or less famous musicians who all want to prove they sing Hey Joe better than the rest. 
    Will be interesting, boring or downright hilarious. 
    Oh the joy of the unexpected.
    Posted 13 years ago by Zira Subscriber! | Permalink
  • @Zira - I look forward to hearing which it turns out to be.

HUGS!
  • @Thee Robot Creator

To quote someone:  Pics or it didn't happen!

Linky pls to the saucers and invaders. 
    Posted 13 years ago by WindBorn Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I went to a Bug Fest to learn about bugs yesterday. Today I may end up going to a game night. :)
    Posted 13 years ago by Quirk Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I went to the christening of a bell.
    Posted 13 years ago by Cefeida Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I'm building custom email templates in MailChimp. It's making my head throb.

And yeah - flying saucer pics please!
    Posted 13 years ago by Snazzlefrazz Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Yes -- show us the saucers!!
    I spent yesterday making a ridiculously rich dessert and having a turkey dinner with friends.

Today involved a crochet class that left me ready to chew on my crochet hook, followed by unpacking in my new(ish) apartment...which has remained spectacularly box-filled for weeks thanks to Glitch.
    Posted 13 years ago by Voluptua Sneezelips Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I have been doing nothing but crocheting Slenderman. He needs to be done by the first of October.
    Posted 13 years ago by girlthulhu Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Thanks for the interest. I will post pics somewhere and give you a link when I've got the whole invasion scene finished, and when I can do some professional quality photography.  I don't post casual photos of my work anymore - they end up all over the internet and "dilute my brand".  My Flickr pics include images of my last couple of saucesr:  www.flickr.com/photos/cyber...

@Quirk - Bug fest!  Groovy!  Who knew?

@Cefeida- How awesome is that?!??  What kind of bell?  Does it get a name as part of the christening?
  • Three Robot, yes! But I'm about to write a blog entry about it so I won't spoil it here. Pictures and video coming up within the next day or two. To whet your appetite, let me just say that this is a replica of a bell that was stolen by the Nazis in the 1940s and melted to make weapons...
  • My weekend was not very interesting. 
    Saturday was horrible day at work. Long and too much to do.  

Sunday started abruptly and ended well - woke up late and remembered we had people coming over for lunch. Flailed around for an hour or so and eventually managed to put a meal together somehow lol  Then had friends over and sat around eating and chatting and eating more for about 6 hours. Then I did all the laundry and cleaning and had an early night in preparation for a much needed Glitch overdose :D 
    Posted 13 years ago by Ebil Subscriber! | Permalink
  • TRC, your work is really quite impressive. I recognize the materials you use from other applications and am blown away at how you've transformed them- repurposed them would probably be a more apt description- and absolutely love what you've done. Love it.
    Posted 13 years ago by malo Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Wow, Robot Creator, I just noticed your link. Those are so cool and shiny!!!
  • Wow...those are some fantastic robots. I checked out your webpage to see more of your creations, and they all convey such personality!
    Posted 13 years ago by Voluptua Sneezelips Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Dang those are really cool!
  • Thanks dudes!  I built Alien Invader Robots tonight during Monday Night Football (instead of getting my house on Marakesh as planned....grumble grumble)
  • I always love to see your Bots, thanks for the Flickr link!  I could look at these for hours.
    Posted 13 years ago by Brib Annie Subscriber! | Permalink
  • lol - I had to read the title of this thread twice and was still a bit puzzled until I started reading and saw who it was from. Doh!
    Posted 13 years ago by Twoodle Subscriber! | Permalink