Topic

Ukulele

I am getting a Ukulele tomorrow but I have to pretend I don't know what it is.  I am v. happy and am currently practising my surprised happy face.

The first song I will learn to play is a yet-to-be-self-penned song called "My cheesy trombone is the shit mofos"

Posted 13 years ago by icatchm0nkeys Subscriber! | Permalink

Replies

• Or you can pretend that you don't know what it is even after it is unwrapped and scream out "oh a trombone!"
    Posted 13 years ago by The Cat Face Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Or you can be a ukulele expert and list off the exact specifications.
    "Oh, a Kamaka HF-36 Tenor 6-String, also known as the Liliu, with doubled first and third strings tuned in octaves and a total of eighteen frets, fourteen of which are to the body! I can't believe you got this for me, the recommended retail price is $1,230!"

May I ask why you need to pretend that you don't know what it is? Because I can see the scene playing out right now.
    "Wow, thanks! I've always wanted mini-guitar thingamawhatsit."
    Posted 13 years ago by Frederik Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Have fun with your uke! I love mine to pieces. 
    Posted 13 years ago by BenAlex Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I didn't really explain that so well did I Frederik? lol.

I just had to act surprised to be getting it, as it was a birthday gift from my son :)

Hubbie had specifically asked for the delivery packaging to be discreet so I wouldn't know what it was if it was me who took delivery.  However...... it got delivered in a ukulele shaped box, with a picture of a ukulele on it, and the word ukulele in big letters all over it.

He was not impressed :)

I did a good job of being surprised anyway and can't wait to learn to play it!!!!!  v happy.
  • Yay, icatchm0nkeys!  Please join our marching band!  I just put out a call for more ukes!

I am also very interested in your song and wish to learn to play it - perhaps it could be our first (signature?) tune.

What sorta uke?  
    Posted 13 years ago by jasbo Subscriber! | Permalink
  • :) I might try to write that song now .. lol