Topic

Looking for groups about social justice for all, reducing all kinds of abuse, and support for all abused people

I'm looking for groups whose mission includes promoting social justice, walking and working with abused and marginalized people, and reducing abuse, not limited to specific categories of people. I have some ideas for some experiments I might like to try in the Glitch Community.

After I get some more sleep.

(After a few more minutes of sleep)
I've changed my mind. I'm looking for people who are learning to walk with and work with abused and marginalized people, and learning to help reduce abuse; and ways that we can exchange ideas and experiences, one-to-one and in groups.

Down, Jim, down! Back to bed!

Posted 13 years ago by Ferond Subscriber! | Permalink

Replies

• "quiltbag" contact cerulean
    Posted 13 years ago by Djoe6897 Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I don't know how to contact cerulean. That's what I've been trying to find out how to do for the last ten hours. Plus, QUILTBAG only addresses abuse against specific categories of people.
  • Have you added him as a friend already? I can send him a message for you, telling him you'd like to speak with him. (I noticed your post on PMing in General.)
    Posted 13 years ago by Millie Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Yes, that might help if you send him a message. Thank you, Millie. I never add friends without any prior communications between us, or at the very least I want to send a message with the request, and that's exactly what I don't know how to do. And the updates seem to me like a poor way to communicate with one person, and the more friends I have the worse it serves that purpose.
  • He and I are online atm, so if you like, you can IM him or me :) 

PS I'll send you food!

Edit: just me now, but it's fine to add him :)
    Posted 13 years ago by Millie Subscriber! | Permalink
  • @Reba:

I have a suggestion for the Good Vibe Group. Anyone who is in the game and available to encourage people who might need it, announce their availability in Live Help, so the people there will know who they can call on if they find out about anyone who might need it.
  • Live Help is not the appropriate chat thread for that.  Live Help is reserved for reporting bugs and requesting assistance from staff. 

You'll need to use a different channel for announcements like that.
    Posted 13 years ago by WindBorn Subscriber! | Permalink