Topic

Don Draper changes name to Messy Monster!

When they say expect the unexpected, expect it (especially when it comes to Don Draper).

I've changed my name to Messy Monster today. Here's proof - http://i.imgur.com/SiTRU.png

Some of you know I've been in search for a new name for a few weeks, as I've mentioned on GlitchAddict.com chat from time to time.

For those who are curious as to why I changed my name to Messy Monster, it's because I realized I wanted something original - something I made up. Don Draper is a name someone else made up for a TV show, and I know I'm more creative than to use an already made up name. I've seen so many cool, original names from all of you and it's a constant reminder that I didn't get to make up my own, until today. Now I have a super cool, fun name, just like I wanted :)

"Why Messy Monster?", one might ask. It's somewhat inspired from being called a monster by newbies a few times, which is always funny, especially when they find out I'm really nice. It seems my button eyes and stitched mouth is the reason behind this, and with such an afro, I've actually been called "Afro Monster" before. Also, I'm known to be messy.

So that's the gist of it, really. All a guy's got is his name, and I wanted my own! I'm still the same dude.

Posted 13 years ago by Messy Monster Subscriber! | Permalink

Replies

• good for you MM!
    Posted 13 years ago by Doctor Yum Yum Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Yeah, and the character of Don Draper is a sexist, adulterous, scheming asshole...
    Posted 13 years ago by La_La Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I think this misplaced loyalty to alliteration is going to get you into trouble someday, MM, and I speak from experience.

Or not!
    Posted 13 years ago by Nanookie Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I love it - I've always loved original monsters! :D

I just changed my name from just "Silly" to "Silly Sooth" as I realized I had no last name! My nickname in real life is Silly and I've always been much of a caretaker to anyone I know so my soothing nature came into play. That said, I like the wordplay. <3
    Posted 13 years ago by Silly Sooth Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Misty!
    Posted 13 years ago by babi Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I think it's great....but tell me, have you been placed in the glitch witness protection program after infiltrating and reporting on the purple trafficking going on it the game?  Seriously, congratulations on the new name!
    Posted 13 years ago by marycontrary Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I like it too. :)
    Posted 13 years ago by emdot Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I like it too. It alliterates better with "Public Menace".

Messy Monster--Public Menace!

Oooooh, it sounds more Ominous and Dangerous too. :DDDD I approve wholehearted, Mess.
    Posted 13 years ago by Arii Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Yeah,  you're not nearly as hot now.
    Posted 13 years ago by shhexy corin Subscriber! | Permalink
  • +1 Shexycorin. That is also true.
    Posted 13 years ago by Arii Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I've considered changing my name, too... Hmmm. But I like having a pair of Wellies that shares my name. :'(
    Posted 13 years ago by Cerulean Subscriber! | Permalink
  • See now Don Draper sounded so debonair.  Tall, dark, mysterious, yummy!
    Posted 13 years ago by Stormy Weather Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I'll probably still call you Don, lol.  But, the new name is cool :3
    Posted 13 years ago by a lifted pixel Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Way to go! In our hearts you'll always be purple and weird.
    Posted 13 years ago by balatik Subscriber! | Permalink
  • "Yeah, and the character of Don Draper is a sexist, adulterous, scheming asshole..."

Yeah but so is Don... I mean Messy Monster
    Posted 13 years ago by Laurali Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I will miss Dick Whi... Don Draper, but I accept your new name as a good choice!

~Keymo Machine, President of Presidential Impersonators
    Posted 13 years ago by Keymo Machine Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I did the same thing when we went live MM.  My old name was from old Norse myths.  I wanted something a little more whimsical!
    Posted 13 years ago by DJ Plaid Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I like your new name!
    Posted 13 years ago by GreyGoose Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Haha yeah I didn't take My name from anything Hahahaha yea who would ever do that....
    Posted 13 years ago by Yui Hirasawa Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I think I'll kinda miss Don ;-)
    Posted 13 years ago by Morticia Addams Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Good bye, Don! Hello, Messy!
    Posted 13 years ago by Jia-pop Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Don Draper is dead.....Long live Messy Monster!
    Posted 13 years ago by HerbertSherbert Subscriber! | Permalink
  • You guys are amazing! The cool thing is, you'll get used to it soon, as it grows on you. Kind of like how everyone hated when Steve Jobs introduced the iPad for the first time and everyone hated the name, but over time everyone's used to it!
    Posted 13 years ago by Messy Monster Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Moved to OT Messy, though I'm sure your infamy will be reinstated regardless. (And I was happy to see you sticking with the alliteration.)
    Posted 13 years ago by Blanky Subscriber! | Permalink
  • This is a good name.

(Excelsior!)
    Posted 13 years ago by Hopkins Subscriber! | Permalink