Topic

[confirmed] Possible Bureaucratic Hall defect

At the time I didn't think this was an issue but the more I think about it I think it might have been a defect.

Steps to reproduce.

Be in the Bureaucratic Hall in Gregarious Grange.

The rock popped up with the quest for Eesti Life Catalogue. Or the quest where you have to find the Small shiny object with no intrinsic value, and in return you get the Emotional Bear.

Accept the quest.
Complete the quest normally.

When you finish the quest I got sent back to where I was. Which was the Bureaucratic Hall. And that is what I would have expected. But before I could do anything a message popped up and said "what are you still doing here!" and then I was transported to another street.

I think what might have happened is the game thought I was still stuck in the special street for the quest since the Bureaucratic Hall is a secondary area off the main street. But at the time I wasn't sure because I thought the game was moving me for another quest. But I think I triggered something that reset my position back to a "safe" street.

Of course the game is shut down so I can test this hypothesis with any other quests. I'm thinking about trying it with the "Rainbow Run" quest. And I know there are a few other quests that transport you out then back to your street. And I wonder if it can happen in places like the subway or in Uncle Friendly's Emporium, in Guillermo Gamera Way.

Just a thought if this really is a defect. Anyone seen anything similar?

Posted 13 years ago by Faoan Subscriber! | Permalink