Topic

In-game Roleplaying

Hi everyone,

Being an active player on MUDs, I had always created characters that will be fun to roleplay. But I wonder what are everyone's general thoughts about roleplaying within Glitch?

It took me a while to choose a name for this character. I could have named my character "Jayel Aheram" like most of my accounts, but if I was going to play in a world, I wanted a character to live in that world. So, character creation for me involves choosing a name to go with the character I will eventually roleplay and then deciding how I will interact with that world and through what perspective.

Nommers is an insatiable monster, by the way. He goes, "OM NOM NOM NOM" and chews on people.

So, what are your thoughts? Will you be roleplaying within Glitch when it finally goes public?

Posted 14 years ago by Nommers Subscriber! | Permalink

Replies

• I suppose. I guess it depends on what you want to get out of the game.
    Posted 14 years ago by Sweet Sadie Wren Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Games take all types. A few get into roleplaying in games I've played, but most just have 1 or 2 little things they'll say or do sometimes if anything.
    Posted 14 years ago by Tingly Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I would like Glitch to be deep enough to encourage role-playing. I would consider doing it. Obviously I didn't have inspiration when I "rolled" since I chose my de facto name.

*om nom noms Nommers*
    Posted 14 years ago by Delphin Subscriber! | Permalink
  • i won't, but i think it would make the game world more interesting if other, more dedicated people took a shot at it.

always up for a world full of interesting characters!
    Posted 14 years ago by striatic Subscriber! | Permalink