Topic

Assorted Notes

General | New Topic" page if I select a part of the tail of entered text and delete it, a part of the selection highlight remains visible on the screen.

---

Hmmm... just got the point of talking to my Pet Rock. I am now really puzzled as to who this game is for. I am in my 30s and this is definitely not for me. I also do not see me playing this even if I were 10 years younger. As a side note I should probably add that my kid has the Little Big Planet and that I actually do not mind playing it now and then. Primarily due to its polish and light-hearted nature. Glitch is not quite there yet, and I am frankly not sure if your goal is to "be there".

Best of luck with your project. Thanks for the invite.

Posted 14 years ago by Spherozoid Subscriber! | Permalink

Replies

• re. who the game is for - i've found the style of the game to be strikingly similar to that of Farmville, possibly the most popular game on the planet. i have friends of all ages who play that game [well, teens to 40s, anyway].

that said, i can't stand farmville myself, but it doesn't seem like the game is too "out there" in terms of web-based social gaming.
    Posted 14 years ago by striatic Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I'm 41 and NOT a Farmville player, but I like Glitch so far...
    Posted 14 years ago by Spatula Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I think I would play glitch, I'm 32. I don't really like the idea of farmville, it's too earnest. You have to have a sense of humor. Also, I don't like it to be too obvious when a game is making me come back. Don't say I have to play again tomorrow at 7, make it so that I *want* to play tomorrow.

I like real MMO's also, but don't play any now. I have played WoW seriously, and lots of other ones a little.
    Posted 14 years ago by cohesion Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Should I admit that I'll be 56 in a couple days and can't wait to sink ever deeper into Glitch for real? The player demographics will be difficult to define for Glitch, I suspect.
    Posted 14 years ago by Eleanor Rigby Subscriber! | Permalink