Topic

List of extensions, greasemonkey scripts, etc?? See Jono's comment for request from TS for further update of wiki entry.

I've just had to delete my Chrome profile because it was somehow corrupted and making my glitch's movements very hard to control. A fresh default profile cured the problem (Thanks, Kevin of TS helpline!), but now I've lost all my scripts and extensions. The two I miss immediately worked in the forums, one showed the face of each glitch next to their comments and the other showed whether I had already read a post and, if so, gave the number of new comments. There may also be others that I haven't yet noticed the absence of.

So does anyone have a list of all (or many) of the extensions and greasemonkey scripts for Glitch and where to find them? Or just a pointer to the two I mentioned would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for any help!!

Posted 12 years ago by Hawkwell Subscriber! | Permalink

Replies

• Browser extensions:
    http://www.glitch-strategy.com/wiki/Unofficial_Browser_Extensions

API Tools:
    http://www.glitch-strategy.com/wiki/Unofficial_API_Tools

As always, the wiki to the rescue...I think this covers most of them.
    Posted 12 years ago by b3achy Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Thanks, b3achy. I'm always in the wiki, but it hadn't occurred to me that these would be listed there!
  • One of the extensions I  was looking for doesn't appear to be in the wiki list. It is Glitch Forum Enhancements at https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/dckfjmkhknpiddlfjgggllpnmlfdpgjl.
    Shows whether you have already read a post and, if so, how many comments have been added since you last read it. Unfortunately doesn't know how to deal with forum threads once they have multiple pages.

Anyone want to add this to the wiki?
  • It's been added, Hawkwell. :)

ETA: I haven't used that extension before, so let me know if the description needs a tweak. I've put what I can gather from your info about it and the discussion thread for it.
    Posted 12 years ago by Xacau Feera Blin Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Quick work! Thanks, Shakha!
  • Shakha:  I'm not sure how to put it succinctly, but the one thing that isn't really mentioned in the wiki description is that once you read a post it is then marked either "no new" or with the number of new posts since you last read the thread. The key point is that all posts you have read are marked with a very noticeable red or green flag. Unread posts are not marked, so you can see at a glance which posts you have not read at all, which ones have new comments (red), and which one are read but have no new comments (green). A great enhancement!

Perhaps starting the description with something like: "Shows with colored flags if a post has already been read." And maybe changing the last sentence to "Has problems with threads with multiple pages," as it still shows whether or not you have read the post.

Thanks again!
  • Ohh, thanks. I've edited the description to add that. Better now? :) 
    Posted 12 years ago by Xacau Feera Blin Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Looks great now!
  • I'd like to remind all of you that browser extensions often slow down the game or make it buggy in unpredictable and unfixable ways (short of uninstalling them). If we had a way to detect plugins, we'd probably prevent you from submitting bug reports... but we don't ;-) If you have an extension installed, please disable it, restart, and confirm a problem (including general slowness!) before filing a bug.

TS staff do not update Glitch wikis; so it'd be great if someone wanted to update the browser extension page with this warning. Piglet thanks you.
    Posted 12 years ago by Jono Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Jono, Thanks for this info - it is certainly news to me. However, for clarification: I assume you mean browser extensions that specifically interact with glitch. Or do you mean we should disable ALL browser extensions of any sort  before filing a bug report??
  • If you have an extension, it might mess with the game. I can't be more specific than that.
    Posted 12 years ago by Jono Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Is there still a way to show the achievements that have NOT been earned so I know what I am working towards? I will head to the wiki now but if someone comes across this and can post a link that would be helpful. TIA!

ETA:Never mind I found a way to do this-Thank you TS!
    Posted 12 years ago by Holly Waterfall Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Holly, go to this page
    www.glitch.com/achievements...

and click the "hide achieved" button in the upper right.
    Posted 12 years ago by WindBorn Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Ty also Windborn!
    Posted 12 years ago by Holly Waterfall Subscriber! | Permalink