Topic

tool use animations

how did you like these?

wish they looked any different?

did seeing other people with animations in thought bubbles work for you?

Posted 14 years ago by striatic Subscriber! | Permalink

Replies

• i liked all the animations except the one for patch tending. it looked like the hoe should be in my hands but wasn't, and it was in front of my avatar's body while the patch was behind it.

patch tending animation just looked "off".

the mining animation is great though! it could use a clink clink clink sound effect as it hammers tho.

i guess all the animations could use sound effects really.
  • I thought the tree watering one was funny because it usually looked like I was watering my own head.
    Posted 14 years ago by FrankenPaula Subscriber! | Permalink
  • it did look a bit like the avatar was having a shower.

maybe the animations need to be in a capsule or something to better indicate the animation isn't something happening in the game space, but is just a signifier.
  • thought bubbles don't really make sense to me. am i watering a tree, or thinking about it? i dunno. if it is just a signifier that is ok, but that should be consistent for self and other player maybe?
    Posted 14 years ago by cohesion Subscriber! | Permalink
  • thought bubbles did look a bit odd, and the animations were small and tough to see.

maybe something different than thought bubbles.
  • Couldn't the character itself be animated? Or is that not possible when everybody has a customized character?
    Posted 14 years ago by FrankenPaula Subscriber! | Permalink
  • "Couldn't the character itself be animated?"

here stoot barfield says glitch ruled out character animation based on tool use:

alpha.glitch.com/forum/idea...