Topic

RobotGymnast's Skill Queuer Updated

I've updated and somewhat tested my new version of ping's skill queuer, and here's the feature list:

-Add/remove skills to the queue.

-Select from a list of all unlearned skills.

-If an unlearnable skill is encountered, it's skipped.

-Periodic checks to see if the completion time has changed (for instance, because of spending favor).

Note that it's a Greasemonkey script, so you'll need Greasemonkey to run it (Firefox)

Download!

The page will refresh itself now and again.

Again, it's only somewhat tested (FF5/Windows 7 64-bit), so if you get bugs (or if you have any suggestions), let me know. My current list of future updates & bugs is here.

Posted 13 years ago by RobotGymnast Subscriber! | Permalink

Replies

• 40 minutes until my current skill finishes. I'll queue up a skill that I can't currently learn, but will be able to after my current skill is finished. I'll edit this post to let you know the result.

edit: Beautiful. It skipped Unlearning III and started learning Teleportation V after I finished Teleportation IV. Well done. Thanks! (And thanks, ping!)

Mac, FF4
    Posted 13 years ago by Herp Derp Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Well, at least 10 downloads, and no complaints, so it must be working okay!
  • Updated!
  • I can't wait until you get the diminishing returns bit implemented :)
    Posted 13 years ago by Leimailu Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Good work, thank you!
    Posted 13 years ago by nonpromqueen Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Just downloaded the update, looking forward to using it again as it sat unused during the last two tests while i endured 9 days of mining IV training.

(Note to self: go Queue BL III)
    Posted 13 years ago by The Cat Face Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Hopefully it works!

@Leimailu Unfortunately, this project has taken a bit of a backseat to some of my others, but that's something which is relatively easy to do, so it'll get done.
  • Thanks robot:)
    Posted 13 years ago by ♥joby♥ Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I'm on FF5 :(
    Posted 13 years ago by Fokian Fool Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Should work fine.
  • I'm excited to try this!
    Posted 13 years ago by Victoria Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Doesn't work in Chrome :(
  • This is great
    Posted 13 years ago by MikiD Subscriber! | Permalink
  • doesn't work for me in chrome either.
    Posted 13 years ago by A Magical Unicorn Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Same for me.  Then when I went and installed FF5 to test it (at 3am) I got a bunch of gibberish when I clicked the download link and right now I'm too tired to figure that out :(

Maybe tomorrow.
    Posted 13 years ago by Leimailu Subscriber! | Permalink
  • BTW it works fine for me in FF5 on OSX10.6.

OP stated he only tested in FF5 on Windows7, but I was still somewhat disapointed that it didn't work in Chrome since that's my preferred browser for Glitch... Maybe, someday... :)
  • Today I queued 2 skills, the current skill only had about an hour left. I closed my MacBook and went away for a few hours. When I came back the rock started learning the first queued skill, but he should have started that right after finishing the previous one, maybe 2 hours ago.

If I remember correctly, ping's queuer kept going even when your computer was off. I like the extra features in RoboGymnast's queuer, but really don't want to have my computer up and running all the time. Is it possible to fix this?

(FF5 on OS X10.6)
  • @Victoria The browser needs to stay open.
    Posted 13 years ago by anacronismo Subscriber! | Permalink
  • ping's skill queuer works in chrome! http://glitch.li-ping.com/help_skill_queuer.html
    Posted 13 years ago by A Magical Unicorn Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Robot, Ping, anyone?  There seems to be a thought going since last nights game closed,  that the latest SQ Api is now able to poll and set when the game is closed.  Can't find anything on this myself and understand why this still wouldn't be possible.  Could you please confirm? Either some are thinking it can, or I have this completely wrong.  Wow if it can that's one heck of a collaboration IMO!
  • Does this application work on Safari 10.4.11?  Thank you
    Posted 13 years ago by xoxJulie Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Did anyone experience the Skill Queuer not working at the end of this test?  Before I left for work, I set it to start learning Teleportation IV when my previous skill ended (about 2 pm PST).  I stay logged in to the game 100% of the time (never log out - unless there's a crash).  But, when I got home from work last night my rock wasn't learning and there's a note, in red, right above my queued skill that says "Game is disabled" and a red "X" next to the skill. :(
    Posted 13 years ago by Princess Fi Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I don't want to hijack the thread, so I will keep this short.
    I did not play much the last test, but as far as I can tell, the skill API hasn't changed. You can't switch/learn a new skill when the game is closed.

For anyone with problems using the original version of the extension/script, please post here so that I check it out.
    Posted 13 years ago by ping Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Ping, As posted heretofore, do you have any suggestions?  No one else seems to have had a similar issue.  Did I do something wrong?  Just a note.. I already have Teleportation III, so I was not "piling" progressive skills.  Here is picture of the queuer on my home page.

i1204.photobucket.com/album...
  • Thanks so much Ping, I think it was just a little crossed wires but it's great to have confirmation:-)

Fi, can't be sure of timings, but could it have been as a result of the big crash together with quite a few people still couldn't get in after  it came back up.  People were still being locked out right up to close.  Can't say it was that but just mentioning it, especially if you were AFK.
  • Oh! Thank you Joby, I did hear about the crash of course, but didn't put that together with being AFK... duh!  I'm sure that must be what happened.
  • Well I wasn't sure if you meant you stayed logged in but out of the game or in the game.  I assumed that you meant out of the game or you would have died lol.  However, and whatever, the fact that it crashed and there were further difficulties, could be why the the queuer didn't pick you up as it might not have been able to poll the game as we all were completely bombed out at one point, game, forums etc.
  • Oops, sure haven't checked this thread in a while (man, I really hope they get an email notification feature working). Sounds like everybody sort of fixed all the problems, though, except the discussion of other browsers, which I'll discuss in the original post.