Topic

House afffairs

Apologies if this has been mentioned anywhere else, but I couldn't see it straight off, and only got a house today.

I was finding it difficult to carry any amount of different ingredients around with me, which meant having to leave things on the floor of my house and keep running back and forth when I discovered a new recipe/found unexpected ingredients/wanted to actually make something.

Given that that basically just meant lots of running back and forth to my spanking new house, it felt like quite a disappointment when I got there: with ingredients spread all over the floor in untidy piles and such. Might there be some kind of way of organising them into a larder or fridge or something within the house so that once I've done the running back and forth to my house (is there some easier way of doing that that I'm missing?) it doesn't feel like I'm then running back and forth between piles to cook food?

I'm loving the exploration and the quests and things - it's just, y'know... messy...

Posted 14 years ago by annapeee Subscriber! | Permalink

Replies

• I had an additional problem with this in that there's a fence at the front of my house (in my house view) in W. Hechey.

So the items were largely hidden by the fence, not to mention in huge piles where it's hard to find the individual items.
    Posted 14 years ago by clare Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Oh! Also: when having a friend round to my house for tea - or attempting to visit with my neighbour, I found they were knocking on my door (or the other way around) but with no indication they/I should actually come in, or how. And yes, it was just a case of walking through the door in the end. But we didn't know that, and kept trying.

I'll leave my requests for a nice comfy armchair to invite them to sit in once they're in for another day...
  • There are two planned things which will help organization:

1) Bigger bags, which you can organize better (a bag in your pack for spices, one for bubbles, drag and drop, etc etc)

2) 'Bags' in houses (shelves, fridges, etc) that you can put things in

Hard to say exactly when you'll see these things, but they both should help.

The fence in some houses - yes, we know. Oops!

The messaging when entering other people's houses - it's there, it's just small, quick and easy to miss. We should fix this.
    Posted 14 years ago by Bees! Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Thanks Cal.
    I was just getting a bit twitchy and ocd-ish with all my food on the floor.

Also I don't want to get mice.
    Unless I can milk them.
  • Also when I was going in I was getting some crazy long code that started with an L?
    Posted 14 years ago by Pebble Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Going in where? Where abouts did the code appear?
  • I bought a property today which had half a dozen piggies wandering around inside it, with an automatic pig feeder and a meat locker. While I can see definite advantages for this, I found I could not drop many of the things in my pack as the pigs would decide the first time they passed a pile that they liked the taste of the item and within a couple passes, they'd eaten all of the pile. (Serves me right for putting something edible on the floor.) I discovered they didn't like to eat spices, nor meat (duh), nor hootch, but it was a painful lesson I learned.

Will houses come with built-in "bags"/shelves or will those need to be bought?

Also, when first buying a house, it wasn't clear what I might be getting by paying more, so I did it on the cheap at first. Could you perhaps list the size or number of gardening plots or shelves or whatever in the realty listing, so we'd have some idea what we were getting before we purchased it?
    Posted 14 years ago by Eleanor Rigby Subscriber! | Permalink
  • My house also came with items... I have a feeling we inherited from whoever owned the property before.
    Posted 14 years ago by clare Subscriber! | Permalink
  • In the future you'll be able to see inside a house before you buy it, they'll come with more standard stuff and that may include shelves/storage
  • will houses ever look like houses, inside or out?
    Posted 14 years ago by striatic Subscriber! | Permalink
  • why, yes, they will
  • Cal - sorry I wasn't very clear :) When I entered Anna's place, in the text on the left had side of the screen explaining what was happening I got a long letters/number code beginning with an L.
    Posted 14 years ago by Pebble Subscriber! | Permalink
  • The code is probably the house id? Like in alpha.glitch.com/realty/LLI... ?
    Posted 14 years ago by EgIantine Subscriber! | Permalink
  • aha, thanks pebble. that was a little bit of debugging code that slipped out. now fixed
  • Lucky anyone who got to buy a house! I had a race to the last available one today only to find I didn't have enough currants to buy it!
    Posted 14 years ago by onelittlebird Subscriber! | Permalink
  • with the limited number of houses this weekend I ended up buying on and sharing it with someone else. this meant that I had to keep letting her in all the time... there should be a way to set anyone as always allowed to enter your house... and possibly some lockable storage to prevent pilferage... it also meant I was very low on currents and she wasn't... needs to be a way to share currents or sell items to other players.
    Posted 14 years ago by Jeff Subscriber! | Permalink