Topic

Tell us what tree type is plantable in a given patch

Tell me if this has ever happened to you:  you come across a patch in your travels, season a bean for it, and then when you try to plant it, the patch nonsensically scolds you for not having a *seasoned* bean in your inventory.

First of all, you do have a seasoned bean since you just made one, so the error message is just plain wrong.  Secondly, figuring out what beans are native to what regions is pure guesswork, since there is no in-game resource that tells you what grows where, so I sometimes season the wrong kind of bean for the climate.  This is only going to get more confusing as more regions (and hopefully some day more trees!) are added to Ur.

So I recommend that patches, when selected, tell you what trees can be planted there.  If you have the wrong kind of bean in your inventory and try to plant, please have the patches recognize that, so that instead of sneering "you need a *seasoned* bean", the patch says something like "none of the beans you have will grow here!"

Posted 12 years ago by Pale Queen Subscriber! | Permalink

Replies

• For bonus points, have the patches give you these messages in the endearingly dull-witted way they tell you their stories when you "Talk to" them.
    Posted 12 years ago by Pale Queen Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Good suggestion.   =)
    Posted 12 years ago by Melting Sky Subscriber! | Permalink