Topic

Raw Food Maluses

Unprepared, Raw food isn't the best thing for you glitch. Seriously, it's not sanitary at all.
But hey, sometimes you gotta get something to eat before you starve.
But nope, Raw meat and Grain is just one of the many things that end up in your glitch's intestine without any problem. Sometimes it's even better than most other energy sources, to just pet a pig and cut yourself a piece of it for some raw lunch on the way to wherever.
Instead of reducing the energy amount for each raw meat piece or grain, i propose
1) Average mood malus. 10 energy for 10 mood seems a pretty good trade off.
OR
2) Intestinal Complications. You shouldn't have eaten that. Now all the food you consume for some time only gives you half energy. Don't worry, it won't last much. A card upgrade to make it happen less often? Why not. Maybe speeds up Mood daecay, too.
OOOOR
3) Both, at the same time. Yay.

Whaa Whaa What if i don't want to/can't prepare meals with them? Am i stuck with having my stomach destroyed every time i eat?
Sadly, yes. Unless there was a system in place to give you LESS energy per food, but didn't give you the maluses? Maybe. An upgrade card for the newcomer could be pretty nice to have. Maybe a Toggle? I don't know at this time

Posted 12 years ago by ParrotParrot Subscriber! | Permalink

Replies

• Ummm... we don't poop.
    Posted 12 years ago by Wandering Confusion Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Well that's a big problem. Or maybe a solution?
    Posted 12 years ago by ParrotParrot Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I don't like this

Nothing bad should happen to you in Glitch. Even dying here is a Good Thing

I often say to new players to explore everything, click everything, try everything,  you won't come to harm, only good can ensue
    Posted 12 years ago by IrenicRhonda Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Negative One, thankyou.

Maybe to balance things out, people who cook should suffer burns occasionally when ruining that perfectly good raw meat. Grease burns from the frying pan. Steam burns from the pot. Cut wounds from the slip of the cuttingboard knife.

I eat only raw meat and drink only raw milk. I have zero interest whatsoever in 'cooking.' Please don't tell me I am playing wrong and need to change, unless you're open to my ideas, too. Like the above.
    Posted 12 years ago by Tatsuo Subscriber! | Permalink
  • We don't need them to make meat and milk bad. We need them to make cooking worthwhile.
    Posted 12 years ago by Lucille Ball Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I'm really tired of raw food being (pound for pound) the best food in the game, but I don't think this is the way to fix it. 
    Posted 12 years ago by Pale Queen Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Don't let any raw food advocates see this post.  They'll be angry.
    Posted 12 years ago by CrashTestPilot Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Meh.  I kindof agree with the others that say that, instead of penalizing raw foods, we need to improve cooking.  Also, there are TONS of badges attached to raw food consumption, so I don't know how well this jives with that...
    Posted 12 years ago by Grem Sketch Subscriber! | Permalink