Topic

Goal Setting in the Skill Table

Sometimes I forget what I meant to be doing... and that's going to get worse as skills start taking days and longer to learn. So, I'd like to see some sort of 'goal setting' feature within the Skill Table /  Magic Rock interface. I really love the new click-through interface for skill learning, by the way. Initial thoughts are:

1) When on the skills page give a 'set a goal' option (maybe by clicking on an unlearned skill). From there have it list the path to get there... example: I am just starting out and I want to learn Teleportation. I click on 'set a goal' and click on Teleportation. It then lists my requirements... "To learn this you must first... Obtain Level 2, Learn Meditative Arts 1, Obtain Level 3, Learn Better Learning 1" (This should also include all of the Emblem requirements).
* As an added benefit, it will go a long way in explaining how to get to some of the more interesting items like Bureaucratic Arts.

2) The in-game interface could include a slight tweak to take advantage of the goal setting. When the Magic Rock lists all of the skills you can  learn, include something saying which skill is at the top of the list and make it click-through, i.e. 'Meditative Arts will help you reach your goal' or 'Meditative Arts and Better Learning 1 will help you reach your goal). If there is no 'skill' to learn in the path at that point (in my example the first obstacle is Level 2), have him say what the obstacle is... i.e. 'you must first reach Level 2 before continuing towards your goal'.

Posted 13 years ago by Travinara Subscriber! | Permalink