Topic

Badge Descriptions

I have so many questions for the badges. It will be nice; if they are more descriptive. For example we had a 20 minutes discussion about the crab badge in the help channel. Still many of us are not clear about it - if it is bugged or we are not doing it right.  I am copying what I suggested in  ideas : stats topic and expand on it. The other idea was to display particular stats; but here I am focusing just on badge descriptions. So no overlap.

If the information is already stored somewhere; it will be nice to display in the profile achievements page. Here is how I visualize this, but I am sure when this gets done, as always Glitch team's version will be way better and too good.

Similar to Encyclopedia/Items page, I will be able to click on achievement categories on left, to find set of achievements. This is both in encyclopedia/achievements page and profile/achievements.

There should be two buttons on Profile achievements page. One to show the achievements I already received, and the other listing all the ones I have to work on. When I click on a pending achievement , on the description popup there will be a small sentence in gray at the bottom something like this ,'wow you really like pork! you nibbled the piggy 20 times, and need 21 more for PETA to file a complaint against you' 

The achievement description in encyclopedia page can be brief, but in the profile page - when we click on a pending badge; the description should be more clear- example: "you have to squeeze 21 unique chickens ; they cannot be the same chicken in any given game day but they can be squeezed again the next game day". since I can squeeze any chicken 3 times, I am not sure if those 3 count towards a badge.

For the crab badge question, I will post a separate topic in general forums - because oh boy that one is really complicated as a crabby crab should be.

Posted 13 years ago by gia Subscriber! | Permalink