Topic

Can't restore a Patch with improved tools

I was just trying to do some Patch restoration projects on my Home Street.
The Patches require 20 Units of Tending and 25 Units of Watering.
However, they wouldn't let me carry out the work as I didn't have the required tool, despite having the High-Class Hoe and the Irrigator 9000 in a fully functioning state.
I made a regular Hoe and Watering Can and was then able to complete the work.

Posted 12 years ago by Dr Evanzan Subscriber! | Permalink

Replies

• Bump. I just ran into this too....
    Posted 12 years ago by LokiPDX Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Support replied to me and said "This is not technically a bug as the projects require units of the Hoe and Watering Can specifically. However, if it causes confusion then it's worth looking at again."

I for one was confused, as it doesn't make sense to me that you should require the lower grade tool to do the work you would normally do with the higher grade tool. I don't really want to have to carry around 2 sets of Hoes and 2 Watering Cans either.

What do others think?
    Posted 12 years ago by Dr Evanzan Subscriber! | Permalink
  • This was the same problem that cropped up with street projects. It's truly ridiculous to have to keep a "lesser" tool on hand because your new and improved one isn't called for in the recipe.

What's needed is hoeing, right? Not hoeing with the crappy hoe only please.
    What's needed is watering, right? Not watering only with the starter watering can please.
    Posted 12 years ago by Pascale Subscriber! | Permalink
  • The high-level tools should definitely work for these projects!! That's not cool that they don't!
    Posted 12 years ago by KatGamer Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Bump... Me too...
    Posted 12 years ago by Luxy Motive Subscriber! | Permalink
  • It isn't really a bug. They are looking at changing it, though.

See kevbob's response in this thread:  http://www.glitch.com/forum/bugs/21711/
    Posted 12 years ago by Millie Subscriber! | Permalink