Topic

Flaming Grinder buff length

I've drank a Flaming Humbaba, crushed 300 beryl and observed using energy even though there were several seconds left on the buff. Someone in Global said that they could crushed only 270 without losing energy. When I started crushing 266 ore late and the buff again had only a few seconds left energy wa salso consumed. Seems like any crushing will consume energy that finishes in the last 5+ seconds of the buff.

Posted 12 years ago by Shoushin Subscriber! | Permalink

Replies

• I've heard the problem is that the Flaming Humbaba buff doesn't account for the new upgrade cards that boost grinding speed, so if you grind enough that it would've taken longer than the buff lasts if you didn't have the upgrades, it treats it like that's what happened, and you lose the energy.
    Posted 12 years ago by Zigniber Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Are you sure the energy was used by the grinder? Your regular metabolism is also always ticking away even if you are using a drink buff so you could be observing the downtick from that.
    Posted 12 years ago by MaryLiLamb Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Zigniber - hm... not sure, i looked for 'grind' at http://www.glitch.com/profiles/PUVEQGRPHDH27AS/upgrades/ and i've only found 'special surprise' stuff on grinding, no speed related upgrades.

Mary - Local chat states energy usage (0 energy vs -153 energy), and i've observed myself as well. Also my regular metabolism doesnt take away 130-150 energy on a tick (max energy is like 1080ish)
  • Shoushin, from your own upgrade list: Super Refined Speed Reduce your crushing time by 40%. Got it Thu. May 3, 2012
    Posted 12 years ago by Zigniber Subscriber! | Permalink
  • i also can't crush more than 250 of anything with flaming grinder without losing energy :(
    Posted 12 years ago by syntax error Subscriber! | Permalink
  • ty Zigniber, guess i was looking for the long keyword.
  • I've just experienced this problem several times.

I was crushing 350 of Dullite (once) and Sparkly (twice), the crushing would finish well before the buff expired (due to both speed upgrade cards) but it would report ~270 energy loss (which is around what I would expect if I crushed 350 without the speed upgrade cards).

As Zigniber says above, seems to be related to the speed upgrade cards not being calculated correctly with the Flamming Humbaba buff (which is a bit annoying as presumably that is the reasoning behind the upgrade).
    Posted 12 years ago by Dr Evanzan Subscriber! | Permalink
  • We've got an open bug for this fine beverage folks- thanks!
    Posted 12 years ago by kevbob Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I am hit by this as well!
    Posted 12 years ago by Kirnan Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I've noticed this too ... energy gets drained with as much as 5 seconds left on the "Flaming Grinder" buff.

Bug-Bump ? (pretty please, with a cocktail umbrella on top ?)
    Posted 12 years ago by Andrew the Grey Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I finished crushing well before the buff ended and still got hit with -360 energy. I may as well not have bothered to drink my flaming humbabas.
    Posted 12 years ago by Sir Lagsalot Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Beta is the greatest excuse ever thought of by the game theory crowd. 
    Posted 12 years ago by Woochi Subscriber! | Permalink
  • @Woochi Yep, and not just games (look at all Google products).

That said, I don't have a problem with companies no longer having a QA function for consumer software. We had zero QA headcount at my last start-up and it was B2B! That can work if you have a small, high-quality team and a quick release process.
    Posted 12 years ago by Janitch Subscriber! | Permalink