Topic

Quoin multiplier did not get rolled back to 100x

Not complaining but don't want any unfair advantages. Seems my quoin multiplier is still at 110.1x
Not sure if this is a bug or if the change just hasn't reached my account yet.

Posted 12 years ago by UrgleBurger Subscriber! | Permalink

Replies

• Mine did not reset either. 110.5 and no refunded IMG.
    Posted 12 years ago by Verea Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I think you should log in and check. 
    Posted 12 years ago by I Love You TS Subscriber! | Permalink
  • logged in and checked with a run thru AL and still getting 110.1x on my quoins
    Posted 12 years ago by UrgleBurger Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I checked mine as well. Still 110.5 and no change in imagination.
    Posted 12 years ago by Verea Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Maybe they rounded down. :D
    Posted 12 years ago by Pascale Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I think this may be related to the amount of IMG I was refunded when my multiplier was reset (and I've heard from others that they were refunded similarly with a similar amount of IMG that was just gone). I had a multiplier of 126 before the reset. At the old cost of 40,000 per 100%, if they had fully refunded everything I'd spent to get to there and bring me down to 100, I'd have gotten 26*40,000 = 1,040,000 IMG back, but instead I got back 538,800 (for a difference of 501,200 IMG). This is as if I was only refunded the cost of going from 126 to 113.47 and I suspect that everyone refunded IMG was also refunded as if going down to 113.47 (and not 100) in the old cost system.

What makes me think that our cases are related is that your multipliers are between 100 and 113.47. Since our resets only refunded us the cost of going down from our old multiplier to 113.47 for some reason, the system may not have properly been able to handle your reset since you were below 113.47 and so I'd hypothesize that no one with a multiplier between 100 and 113.47 was reset.
    Posted 12 years ago by Bruce Garetz Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Excellent conjecture, Bruce!
    Posted 12 years ago by TomC Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Wait a minute ... so all the people whose multipliers were greater than 113.47 got half a million fewer iMG points back than they should have in the refund?
    Posted 12 years ago by Sirentist Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Sirentist, the base multiplier given to level 60s was 12.6.  If you multiply this by the old +1 quoin multiplier price of 40,000 currants, you get 504,000 currants.  So, if your quoin multiplier was 200 before the reset, you only paid for 187.4 quoin multiplier points, so only the cost of 87.4 points was refunded. Another way to state this is that essentially, people were refunded the amount it took to go down to 112.6.   

I'm not sure what happened with Bruce, but I think there were a couple quoin upgrade cards in the very beginning that cost less than 40k/1 multiplier point, so maybe that accounts for the slight difference? 
    Posted 12 years ago by Katechol Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I just did the math, Katechol, and yes this does appear to account for the slight difference (between my previously calculated 113.47 and Katechol's 112.6, which makes sense given the starting 12.6 multiplier). That means that we actually got refunded for the cost of our first cheapest multiplier upgrades instead of our most expensive ones (i.e. I was actually refunded the cost of going from 12.6 to 26 and not from 112.6 to 126).

Sirentist, yes, those of us who noticed the ~500,000 IMG chunk wondered about this when it first happened and at the time, we thought it might have to do with the fact that the price of multiplier upgrades increased when this reset of multipliers occurred. However, when I saw this thread and looked at those whose multipliers were not reset, it made me consider that, no, this IMG we all lost might actually not have been an intentional change and it might be a mistake in how the amounts to refund were calculated.
    Posted 12 years ago by Bruce Garetz Subscriber! | Permalink
  • @Katechol: Ah, that makes sense! And phew! So glad I don't have to get all up in arms about that massive pile of iMG TS refunded me to compensate for all that time and effort I had put into exploiting what I was pretty sure was a major loophole in the quoin system.
    Posted 12 years ago by Sirentist Subscriber! | Permalink