Topic

Got all my testing furniture for free

Suddenly today all the furniture I was playing around with for free during the New Housing testing phase showed up in my furniture tab, and it appears to be useable, even though I haven't paid for it and don't even have a subscription.

This is hardly the worst bug ever, but if it is a bug I want to know so I don't get too attached to the furniture :)

Posted 12 years ago by Sequoia Baer Subscriber! | Permalink

Replies

• Me too!  With all the upgrades.  A gift from the devs?  If so thanks, if not I'll enjoy my fish mobile while I can.
    Posted 12 years ago by Galnoir Subscriber! | Permalink
  • It is indeed a bug, but you get to keep the furniture and use it (or sell/trade/etc. it) as you wish :)

Enjoy!
    Posted 12 years ago by Millie Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Really? Hooray!
    Posted 12 years ago by Sequoia Baer Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Sad me, a good bug and it past me by :P
    Posted 12 years ago by Xopher TAF Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Yeah, we aren't taking these back.
    Posted 12 years ago by kevbob Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Really, kevbob?? That's awesome! I may never have to make another SDB! :D
    Posted 12 years ago by Kaepora Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Whoa. A desirable bug! Hit me with that buggy stick, plz!
    Posted 12 years ago by Pascale Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Whoa? *walks away trying not to be pissy about this*
    Posted 12 years ago by Innie?, Obviously Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Whoa indeed.  I probably shouldn't complain, being the owner of a Dusty Stick and all, but this is real money we're talking about!
    Posted 12 years ago by Pale Queen Subscriber! | Permalink
  • ^^
    Posted 12 years ago by Innie?, Obviously Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Wow...yea, I just reported this also...I had a lot of stuff from R2 testing days...I'm feeling uber odd about having all this stuff now...especially all those fish tanks!  Wow, thanks for the big credit related beta payment then...but really, shouldn't everyone's be replaced if you are letting some of us keep this stuff?  I know, you have a million things on your plates, but since it didn't hit everyone, I feel really uneasy about now having all this stuff added to my inventory.
    Posted 12 years ago by b3achy Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I too have furniture in my inventory from testing. I had a really crappy rl-day, and ended up confused/in shock to find all of this stuff in my furniture tab. Thank you for this. I'm just an alt, so if I don't have nice furniture (or much of any furniture) it doesn't *really* matter, but since I'm low-level and have neither the skills to make furniture nor the currants to buy them, it's a really nice treat.

I'm sorry that it's pissing people off and will happily give mine up if it makes people feel better.
    Posted 12 years ago by Rapurnzel Subscriber! | Permalink
  • guys. really?
    jeebus.
    next thing you know you'll be complaining about others having free stuff that you don't have.
    wait.
    that's already happening.

for the record? I got nothing out of this.
    But then again, I have a tonne of furniture already that I built with my own two highly-skilled hands.
    Posted 12 years ago by CrashTestPilot Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I read the title and thought: I love Glitchens who report this kind of bug..in a lot of games people would just keep quiet and try to gain the most out of it. 
    Then I read that they could keep it and thought: is it Glitchens that are wonderful because devs are or devs that are wonderful because their Glitchens deserve it ?
    Either way, I didn't get the bug and don't care, but I think it's a cool gesture. Enjoy it all and no guilty feelings :))
    Posted 12 years ago by Zira Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Well, it's probably better to report beneficial bugs using the help system, to avoid massive exploits or making others feel bad.
    Posted 12 years ago by larky lion Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I don't think they could possibly 'take them back'. I mean, at best, they could try to run a script and have it remove furniture objects older than the date the reset happened. But they would have to take into account several problems with that:

* People who noticed it already may have decorated their home. Especially SDBs, with items in them, would be very bad to cause them to lose items they stored in an SDB to delete it.
    * People may have already sold the item for currants. If TS suddenly took the item away (again), imagine the fallout. "I paid 5mil for that fish tank! Now it's gone!"
    * It would just be rude to the users to 'give back' (even if unintentionally) furniture, just to then take it away again.

The best thing they could do to make this fair, at this point, is to do whatever the bug did, but cause it to happen to *everyone* who it hasn't already happened to. Everyone gets their test furniture back, not just like 30% of the players.

Otherwise, they'd literally have to do ANOTHER reset, refunding everyone's spent credits, iMG, expansion resources, and just a huge mess that is not feasible either financially or physically at this point.
    Posted 12 years ago by Lorraine ? Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Here's an idea... let's be happy for those who got a surprise regifting of their previous furniture and stop being petty.

No one lost anything.
    Some people gained extra.
    None of the items are items that those that didn't get the extra furniture cannot duplicate.
    No unique item was awarded due to the bug for those without to covet.

I didn't receive test furniture back but I fail to see why anyone is upset at TS's generosity.
    Posted 12 years ago by xombiekitty Subscriber! | Permalink
  • "is to do whatever the bug did, but cause it to happen to *everyone*"

There's no way we would intentionally reintroduce a bug. What caused it wouldn't have affected all players; it was a small number of all players who it could have affected (but didn't), and of those it was only a fraction it had the chance to before we turned the process off. 
    Posted 12 years ago by kevbob Subscriber! | Permalink
  • wow ur lucky...
    Posted 12 years ago by Kristabel Subscriber! | Permalink