Topic

Coy little Piggies

I'm in the Shimla Mirch Herb Gardens at the moment, using Enter to Nibble Piggies and Squeeze Chickens en masse.  I'm getting Piggies claiming they're "All nibbled out!" when Nibble was not only highlighted in the menu, but also defaulted to.  (Coy little things!)

Posted 12 years ago by Satori Tindalos Subscriber! | Permalink

Replies

• I'm not sure what the bug is, here.

As soon as you've petted them (once or twice, depending on skills), the Pet verb flies to the top of the list, so that Nibble becomes the next default verb. This seems to be normal behavior.

To fix the All nibbled out-ness, feed the complaining pig one piece of meat.
    Posted 12 years ago by Millie Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Yes, defaulting to Nibble after you've Petted them is normal.

But I don't remember Nibble being selectable before if they'd been Nibbled already.  You just couldn't select it, or so I'd thought.  Perhaps I'd just never noticed.  (Nothing like Beta to make a user doubt their own experiences.  <gryn>  )
  • yes, it has always been an option at least as long as I've been playing (since ~November of last year). It just means they're not fed enough (which should come as no surprise in Shimla Mirch, since there's almost nothing to eat if people don't hand feed)
    Posted 12 years ago by Woochi Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Depending on your skill set, you can nibble a single pig once or twice. If Nibble is greyed out, you can still highlight in the menu; you just won't be able to actually press enter while selecting it.
    Posted 12 years ago by Millie Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Millie, that's exactly how I remember it!

But I was pressing Enter.  And it was working anyway, resulting in "Nibbled out" messages from the Piggies.

That was new, and why I posted here.
  • "nibbled out" is what they say if they won't let you nibble because they're too hungry, not because you've already nibbled them.
    Posted 12 years ago by Fnibbit Subscriber! | Permalink
  • +1 Fnibbit
    Piggies in places like those herb gardens or treeless streets, for example, are always hungry = "Nibbled out" as they do not have a stable food source.
    Sometimes we tend to overlook the inconvenient fact that our meaty companions need food too :))
    Posted 12 years ago by Maruchan Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Ah, that sorts it out.  Thanks very much!  =)