Topic

Snapshots, Comments and the Homepage

I will try not to be too confusing with this (tho confused is my natural state of being :P)

Whenever I comment on someone else's snapshot, it shows up on the homepage looking like I have comments to my update...like this:

You commented on Atlantis' snapshot
You havin' a yard sale? :D
@Divine~ - Me too!!
9 mins ago 7 comments 

Even tho it's actually the person who posted the snapshot that has the comments added to his pic, not my update lol

Posted 12 years ago by sgjo Subscriber! | Permalink

Replies

• Huh. I am not confused by this. It looks like you made a comment to Atlantis' snapshot to me. (Also, if you click the little camera icon, a small version of the snap pops up and gives context to the post.)

If I am missing something- and that could be- let me know. :)
    Posted 12 years ago by kevbob Subscriber! | Permalink
  • sgjo, if it helps any, I've been thinking of this as a way to keep track of the snaps I like :)
    Posted 12 years ago by Millie Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Hiya, kevbob (and Millie lol)

It's the fact that, when I post a comment to someone's snapshot, my update looks as if 7 comments were posted to it (my update) rather than to the snapshot that I commented on. (sorry...I'm not awake yet)
    I could understand seeing how many comments there were if it were a snapshot that I took, but it confuses me when it's someone else's snap that I've posted to
    I don't notice it on other peoples updates where they've posted a comment to someone's pic so thought maybe mine was being weird, like me

ETA with a few more samples -  here are 2 that may help to explain what I'm trying to say better:

Atlantis commented on Loupin's snapshot
    yeah...but you need to look more scared...(read the script!!!!) ;)
    1 hr, 0 mins ago

There are about 5 comments to the pic that Atlantis commented on, but hers doesn't show that (which, I think, is the way it should be since it's not her snapshot)

Finley Linker's is also the way it should be (showing how many comments) because it is her own snap that she commented on...

Finley Linker commented on their own snapshot 
    oh wait, meant to say banana first :) hahaha :) i said apple twice lol :)
    1 hr, 13 mins ago 5 comments.

So...why does mine have how many comments there are when I comment on someone else's pic?
  • I see it on yours, and other people's profile pages :)

If a single comment on another's picture is appearing 7 times, though, that might be problematic.
  • lol, Millie...I was doing an update of examples while you were posting, apparently - but they show more of what I'm saying (at least to this foggy brained, not enough coffee before the grandkids showed up person lol)
  • Oh, now I see what you're saying. Yeah, I can understand how that would be confusing. 

+1 for a change that makes it so we don't see how many comments there are on someone else's snapshots if we're looking at a comment made on that snap.
  • Looks like this has been fixed for me! Thank you very much!! (((HUGS)))