Topic

Instant repair bug

There are certain instances where out-of-focus tasks complete almost instantly and circumvent their normal progress bar time requirement.  A specific case:

When renewing a garden/herb garden/any other street feature, if you start the 50 units of construction tool work, or the 70 units of shovel work and then select a tool in your inventory and repair it while the work is occurring, then the repair will happen almost instantly.

It's obviously pretty uncommon since street items have quite a bit of life, and it's a nice bonus for helping out on projects, but it seems like an unintended behaviour, so I thought I'd point it out.

Posted 12 years ago by Sir Flatulence Subscriber! | Permalink

Replies

• Huh, I could not reproduce this as written- I tried this for a construction tool with 25% of it's life left, and the time to repair matched that what the time was if I wasn't rebuilding a garden.
    Posted 12 years ago by kevbob Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I timed it properly, and it turns out I mis-judged the repair time; you are correct that the repair times are actually the same.  Sorry for the erroneous report, and thank you for all the work you and the rest of the staff do.
    Posted 12 years ago by Sir Flatulence Subscriber! | Permalink