Topic

[Bug, not nerf] Nerf of free-to-subscriber furniture upgrades

Each piece of furniture used to "remember" all its upgrades. This morning I was trying to add a free-to-subscriber upgrade to a ceiling decoration. There are 4 different free-to-subscriber upgrades for ceiling decorations, and the item already had a paid (firebog) upgrade. I could not get the item to remember even one of the free upgrades whereas in the past furniture did remember multiple free upgrades.

I filed a bug report and was told that furniture now no longer remembers free upgrades because a buyer can add those free upgrades. The buyer can not add free-to-subscriber upgrades unless the buyer is also a subscriber.

Please go back to letting furniture be auctioned with any free-to-subscriber upgrades a seller has added.

Posted 12 years ago by Vocable Subscriber! | Permalink

Replies

• actually, it makes sense to me that they'd do it this way- it mirrors the way that free-to-subscriber clothes work....
    Posted 12 years ago by Fern Connelly Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Nevermind, reread the post and it made more sense this time.

I agree it makes sense. I did not think it was fair to be able to sell the free subscriber upgrades in the first place. Felt like cheating alittle.
    Posted 12 years ago by Tibbi Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Free-to-subscriber clothes can not be sold by one glitch to another, but free-to-subscriber upgraded furniture can be sold by one glitch to another.

The change is that "hidden" upgrades used to be included in furniture but have now been nerfed in a way that lumps free-to-subscriber upgrades together with free-to-everybody.

Free-to-subscriber upgrades should be lumped with paid upgrades, not with free-to-everybody upgrades. Free-to-subscriber upgrades are upgrades that not every Glitch can easily do him/herself.

ETA: Tibbi, many glitchen sell/buy furniture with free-to-subscriber upgrades "on top." This thread is about letting the hidden upgrades (options for a buyer to play with a different look, etc.) include them. Owning one lamp with 5 upgrades does not let you spread those around to all your lamps. It just gives you one lamp with 5 choices to play with according to your mood or to try out different decor.
    Posted 12 years ago by Vocable Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I agree with Tibbi and Fern.
    Posted 12 years ago by Innie?, Obviously Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Tibbi, by that logic selling upgraded furniture at all is cheating.
    Posted 12 years ago by Cherry Cat Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Actually, it looks like there is a bug with furniture, so I'm moving this thread to the Bugs forum. Free-to-subscriber upgrades are remembered, but they aren't listed in the tooltip that pops up when you hover over a piece of furniture. So we'll get that fixed!
    Posted 12 years ago by Herp Derp Subscriber! | Permalink