Topic

set post option is odd

i set the buttler by my rock, i move away, he moves from the spot im trying to stick him on.  is that right?

maybe a STAY RIGHT THERE command would be good, if he actually follows it.

it looks like you can have him move over, then use the set post command again, and he might actually stick in place.  now if he only served doughnuts...

Posted 12 years ago by ☣ elf ☣ Subscriber! | Permalink

Replies

• I had a similar problem with mine. I changed his post and he moved to it, but on the next interaction he moved back to original position.
    Posted 12 years ago by Janitch Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Mine, too, is not willing to stay put.  Yesterday I set it on the left side of the house, and today it's back on the right.  It is also unwilling to walk over to me unless I ask it to do other things first.  Today it repeatedly said "Give me a second" when I typed c, and wouldn't move until after I'd told it to go away. 
    Posted 12 years ago by glum pudding Subscriber! | Permalink
  • My b0tler will move from the place I had set him to, but only if I go stand in that same spot. I think they are designed to be able to move so you can clearly see them. They will, eventually, move back to the spot they were set to. Perhaps this is what has been happening for you?
    Posted 12 years ago by foolbunny Subscriber! | Permalink
  • The default spot for my butler (and everyone else's, it seems) is just to the right of the door.  Even when I "set post" elsewhere, he doesn't stay in the new spot for more than a few minutes.  He wanders a bit, which is fine, but he keeps ending up back by the door.  If we set the post to be somewhere else, is that designed to be his new wandering zone until we tell him otherwise?
    Posted 12 years ago by Peacefulness Subscriber! | Permalink
  • So, set post command should set the butler to the spot you issue the command (I mean gently and politely click the set post link) from. So if you click the menu of the butler and 'set post' by the Dullite you are standing in front of, that's where the Butler should end up. If you stand on top in the place where you set it to (sort of like The Sidler), the butler can scoot away to the side but *should* go back there. Same if you call the butler to another spot, and then 'go away'.

If you find the butler just doesn't stay in it's set post place at all still, we'll dig around.
    Posted 12 years ago by kevbob Subscriber! | Permalink
  • My butler seems to be having trouble staying in its spot today. I reset it a couple of times, but each time it started wandering around again. This has never happened before.
    Posted 12 years ago by Becky Subscriber! | Permalink
  • @kevbob the butler would move to the spot you set, but then not stay. However, I just tried to reproduce it and couldn't, so perhaps it has been fixed.
  • I bug reported mine as both yesterday and today I found it outside my door when I had set post to the right hand end of my street . I thought it was just my butler being creepy. :(
    I really dont want it by the door.
    Posted 12 years ago by Faereluth Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Yep, same here. Moved it to where I want 3 times already but keeps coming back to my stairs :/
    Posted 12 years ago by WeavingTheWeb Subscriber! | Permalink
  • "so perhaps it has been fixed"

We hope so! Some adjustments were made not long before your post, so we're hoping that helped.
    Posted 12 years ago by kevbob Subscriber! | Permalink
  • @Faereluth Interestingly, I was doing the opposite (my butler was insisting on the far right, and I wanted him just to the right of the front door).