Topic

Mining distances not consistent

Hi! The distance it puts me from a rock, when I'm clicking on it, is sometimes farther than the maximum distance away from the rock I can be in order to mine it by double clicking on the pick.  I change up the way I mine from moment to moment while mining in a group (if there are too many people around in Ajaya Bliss to easily click the rock I will double click the pick to select mine from the pick menu, for example) and it would be nice to not need to change the distance away from the rock I need to be once I have already started mining it.  

edit: I'm not talking about being slung around, as was a problem in the past with other resources. 

Posted 12 years ago by diaveborn ♥ Subscriber! | Permalink

Replies

• This is happening with trees, too.
    Posted 12 years ago by Innie✿, Obviously Subscriber! | Permalink
  • So you would for example double click the watering can to water and then click the tree to pet, or vice versa, and in one action you can reach the tree and the other you can't?
  • Yeah, this got better for a while, now it's worse again.
    Please don't move us at all if we're "in range"!
    Posted 12 years ago by Janitch Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I'm not sure "moving us when we are in range" was what I was describing.
  • Would any staff be able to comment on this, that my concern is understood? I think a lot of times when I explain it people are not as much understanding what the problem is, thinking that the rock has been depleted already and that's why I can't mine it, etc. So just a bit of response would be awesome if possible, so I know I've explained okay.
  • Still happening - when I double click the rock it puts me in range yet I'm not then in range to mine by double clicking the pick.
  • Ah, I think the problem is that you're using the mouse. :)
    FWIW, moving into range and mining using the keyboard no longer moves you around at all.
    Posted 12 years ago by Janitch Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I appreciate the workaround idea, but that's not feasible for some people, nor should it be necessary.
  • Yes, I get it diaveborn; I don't know the dirty details on what's involved, but will leave it up to the client devs to ponder. Thanks!
    Posted 12 years ago by kevbob Subscriber! | Permalink
  • YAY thank you kevbob!! :D