Topic

Some Chicken ignore stick

I have a chicken stick in my home street, set to very tight concentration. Whenever I return to my street, some of the chickens wander around in the far corners away from it. When I reset the concentration setting, they move off to the stick - but when I leave and return, they've wandered off again.

I've tried moving the stick too, but they just insist on ignoring it.

Posted 12 years ago by Not a Princess Subscriber! | Permalink

Replies

• Try picking up the stick, reload the page, then placing the stick again. This seems to reset animal sticks (at least sometimes).
    Posted 12 years ago by Zany Serendipity Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Trying that, thanks! Seems to work so far.
  • Hmph, they have started escaping again.
  • I saw one was stray at your home street, but fell back in the flock. Another flew out of the flock area, and walked right back with the rest. All seem to be centered on the stick now, both there and in the home yard.
    Posted 12 years ago by kevbob Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Yes, today it looked OK again - not sure what that fallback was. In any case, my home yard has been OK the whole time, it was just in the street.
  • I experience that as well. Occasionally a chicken or two would wander off then go back to the stick.
    Posted 12 years ago by Mal'akh Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Happening again. There are always single escapees whenever I get to the street. It's different ones every time - yes, I made sure to remember their names. ;-)
  • I have chickened sticked on my 3rd floor in my house. They usually seem to respect the stick except when I go up there to mass squeeze them. Sometimes a random chicken flies THROUGH the floor for some stupid reason and gets stuck on my 2nd floor, permanently.

It of course stops respecting the stick at this point, and the ONLY way to get it back up there is to use an -expensive- animal youth potion and then spend 15 grain to restore the chicken. Either that or I have to set it free, make a new egg, incubate it, feed it 15 grain, and then hope I remember what the chicken's name was so I can have it back the way it was.

This bug either needs to be fixed, or we need a way to 'hogtie' chickens the way we can pigs to put them where they belong. Having to do the above repeatedly is just sheer insanity. But I have nowhere in my backyard I can put them where they won't be in the way... so having them in a blank spot on my 3rd floor is a must.
    Posted 12 years ago by Lorraine ♪ Subscriber! | Permalink
  • We've done some more chicken stick tweaking, let us know if you have any followup observations/reports.
    Posted 12 years ago by kevbob Subscriber! | Permalink