Topic

[fixed] can not get in game

When you hit enter world, it ust goes to a blank white screen. Anyone else having trouble?

----

Staff note, this was a specific bug that caused this event, so we are going to close this topic out. 

Posted 12 years ago by 2020smoke Subscriber! | Permalink

Replies

• yes, I have the same problem, which started around the time you reported your problem. I can navigate in "Home", "Profile" etc. but cannot enter game. Have you reported this? How?
    Please reply here or send mail, I can still access mailbox. You?
    TigerTale
    Posted 12 years ago by TigerTale Subscriber! | Permalink
  • * waves frantically * ME TOO 2020. and forums are loading very slow for me also. I just cleaned cookies and cache and defraged. Still get the white screen while hearing the game noises.

I switched to chrome and I am able to get into game.  IE was what I was using that gave me the white screen.

Also, a friend was able to see me log in even though I had a white screen, so I was in game just had no graphics.
    Posted 12 years ago by Soymocha Subscriber! | Permalink
  • @TigerTale When you can't report in game, a report at  http://www.glitch.com/help/report/ works just as well.

Maybe try a different browser to see if that makes a difference? (edit: I just saw that Soymocha did this)

Good luck, all.
    Posted 12 years ago by Millie Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Question for Soymocha. I am a complete computer illiterate! What is chrome and how do I switch? (Actually question for anybody that is reading this and knows how!!)
    TT : )
    Posted 12 years ago by TigerTale Subscriber! | Permalink
  • @TigerTale, Chrome is a browser, and you can download it here:  www.google.com/chrome/
    Posted 12 years ago by Millie Subscriber! | Permalink
  • All test are showing all is good.....still can not get in game. Have never had this problem before. Funny thing is i looged in numerous times today with no problem.

Edit to add: if i go to my profile page it shows i am online, which clearly i am not :(
  • i'm having the same problem :(
    Posted 12 years ago by MsKelseyClaire Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I saw you pop in on my friends list 2020.  so same thing that was happening to me..  you show as being in game but have no graphics.. 
  • This blows off to another site :(
  • It is showing me in game I AM NOT.
  • Hey folks, we're looking into these reports now!
    Posted 12 years ago by MrConkin Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Thank you so much Mr.Conkin
  • let me in!!!! *sobs wildly*
    Posted 12 years ago by Perion Subscriber! | Permalink
  • I am also having this problem, Thank you to any staff helping to solve this issue.
    Posted 12 years ago by Tansey Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Are all of you unable to load *every single time* you try for a particular browser? After I hear from at least one person that this is the case, I will make a change and ask whether it works.

Also, may I log in as any of you? Please reply with a yes if that is okay. It will just be a quick test.
    Posted 12 years ago by Jono Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Yes Jono you can :) and yes yes i am unable to load and so is my hubby. TY
  • yes, you may log in as me.
  • I was able to log in as both of you, unfortunately :-/ So it's something else.

2020smoke, Perion, would you please try again? If it does not work, please clear your browser cache, and then try once more. Then let me know.

If it is still not working, then I will make another change and we'll do this again. Thanks for your help and patience!
  • Hello Jono, Tried again no go....cleared cache closed browser down still no go. Very strange have never had this problem. Loading bar looks like it will load then boom says done and nothing but a white screen.
  • I also have just the white screen.
  • I just tried again with IE.. and still hear myself log into game.. but have just a white screen. As stated above, was able to get in with chrome..

you may log in with mine if need be also.
  • Looks like Internet Explorer (and maybe Safari) are not happy campers today. Sorry about that.

Please try again now.
  • OMG Thank you Jono :) what ever you did worked. Thank you so much
  • :-D had to sweet talk it a little bit. but I was able to log in with IE.. Thank you so much for such a quick fix.
  • Sorry it took as long as it did! Go forth and Glitch, Glitches.