Topic

Immortal trees

Have an on-going issue where trees that I'm planting are running their course, but when their lifetime is up... they don't go away!   They're.... immortal... maybe cosmic even?

Posted 12 years ago by RainyRain Subscriber! | Permalink

Replies

• Trees on your property will live as long as they aren't poisoned or otherwise compromised, so the life bars are kinda moot. Someone said it has to do with your ability to remove the item without some penalty (ie, if you poison and hack down a tree that has 0% left, you'd then have to restore the patch or remove, whereas if there is a non zero percentage left, you can kill the tree and remove and still have a tendable patch. I'm not 100% sure on the particulars, but I'll take them at face value unless someone corrects me 
    There's a post somewhere about it from the devs, although I'm not exactly sure where...I would guess it's in their twitter feeds
    Posted 12 years ago by Woochi Subscriber! | Permalink
  • No, trees will live until their life is over and done with. The life bars are for the patch, not the trees.
    The tree will remain, even if the patch is at 0% until their life is over. At that point you will have to restore the patch.

I did have an issue during the test houses though where I couldn't pet/harvest/water them anymore. That's a bug and if you have that you should file a bug report.
    Posted 12 years ago by WeavingTheWeb Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Glitch Change Log ‏@glitchlogTrees in your yard and home street now live to their full life expectancy, even if the underlying patch is depleted.
    Posted 12 years ago by WeavingTheWeb Subscriber! | Permalink
    Posted 12 years ago by Oristia Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Thanks WebWeaver, I pretty much bugged all trees until this point and staff removed them for me and haven't heard anything.  Of course, good ol' WoD has worked too. Good to know though!  Wonder why tree wouldn't die if the patch was depleted though... extra strong love they get i'm guessing. :)
    Posted 12 years ago by RainyRain Subscriber! | Permalink