Topic

Click-blocking objects that shouldn't be click-blocking!

With the introduction of the nifty 'click anywhere to get a menu' feature, mouse play has become a more viable option and I use it a bit more than I used to. That said, there's still a few UI quirks that get in the way when using the mouse to interact with objects.

A) Text bubbles of speech from the animal or object you interacted with. If the next animal or object you want to click happens to be behind this, you can't click them at all. You have to wait for them to be done talking. Example: squeezing chickens which fly towards the ceiling, their text bubble blocks them at some point so you can't continue squeezing them. This also prevents the little round 'squeeze' 'nibble' 'pet' icons from showing up/being clickable on the animal you just interacted with for however long it takes for the speech bubble to go away, negating the usefulness of those icons. (really, those icons should appear OVER the speech bubble, not beneath it).

B) The item you just got showing up big in the middle of the screen before flying in your inventory. It's nice to see this, but it shouldn't block your clicking. Barnacle pods and certain trees are especially irritating with this effect. If I'm coming from the left on a home-street barnacle pod, and I scrape the lower-left barnacle on it, the graphic showing the barnacles I just got covers the other barnacles often times, so I have to wait for it to go away to click them, or move towards it and switch to keyboard interaction. Both are tedious and waste time needlessly.

You recently fixed the super harvest rainbows from blocking clicks, so I imagine it can't be tough to do the same to speech bubbles and the floating 'item you just got!' animation.

Posted 12 years ago by Lorraine ♪ Subscriber! | Permalink

Replies

• This is the one thing about gardening that really bugs me. I can happily swoop along the edges of my gardens to grab up my veggies and herbs, but then I have to sit and wait for every single plot in the centers. And gardening is the ONE activity I use my mouse for too!
    Posted 12 years ago by Aeralis Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Oh yeah, and text bubbles (from gnomes, often times) block things like street signs when placed near them. Another place where making text-bubbles click-throughable would be very helpful.
    Posted 12 years ago by Lorraine ♪ Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Thanks Lorraine!
    Posted 12 years ago by kevbob Subscriber! | Permalink