Topic

[fixed] I get stuck in the encyclopedia every time lately

When I want to check on the achievements, to find out what I have and what I still need, the page won't load and I get stuck :( All other pages of Glitch open and give me no problems.
Sometimes when I refresh the page is there, but as soon as I want to exclude the ones I allready have by hiding them....it happens again ... stuck :(
Is it just me?

Posted 12 years ago by LolaPop Subscriber! | Permalink

Replies

• I have to ask, you are using IE right? because I have the same problem, using IE 8 and IE9. If that's the case for you, we are just doomed, because Stoot flat out said {in this thread when a bunch of us had trouble with the new skills page} "we don't support IE so it probably just won't work. Try Firefox, Chrome or Safari."
    Posted 12 years ago by Pixieyelsraek Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Thanks Pixie. I remember this discussion.
    I never thought I would have problems using IE but I do understand now.
    I'm not gonna switch to another browser (for now) so I guess I have to mannish :)
    But it's nice to know why I got stuck all the time. Thx again!
  • They corrected that and said they don't support anything under IE9, I use IE9 for my main browser and everything works fine, just don't use compatability mode :)
    Posted 12 years ago by ~Annie~ Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Annie - odd, because again, i use both IE8 {on my pc} and IE9 {laptop} and the IE9 one freezes up more than IE8. I don't use compat mode btw. Also, Kevbob didn't backtrack what Stoot said and say they support IE9, what he said was "With IE 9 in normal mode, the skills page ***should look mostly ok***. If you are still using IE8 and still want to stick with IE no matter what, I do suggest moving to IE 9. " {emphasis with stars mine to show my point}

LolaPop - Yeah, I mean, i updated to IE9 on my laptop after that other convo, but I don't much like IE9. I'll get used to it though. Chrome & Foxfire however I totally dislike. My hubby has chrome on his PC, and my SiL has Foxfire. bleh to both....
  • Thank you Annie :)
    I've tried it with chrome and I have no problems reaching the achievement pages. But it's hard to get used to chrome :) I can see difference between using the game via IE and via Chrome,
    the last one makes it more complete (colors every 2nd line in forum threads for an example)
    So for optimal use I think chrome is the one. But I need to experiment some more.
    Many thanks for helping me out :)
  • Should work now!
    Posted 12 years ago by kevbob Subscriber! | Permalink
  • Yay!!
    Thanks so much kevbob it works. Im a happy glitch :)
  • Thank you Kevbob!!!!