Topic

Left home to the wrong street

I was in Tachai Tanbur, and typed /home into Local Chat to go home. From my home street I went into my house and then changed my mind and typed /leave to re-enter the world. I was rather surprised to find myself not where I'd left, but in Burnabee.

Screenshot

Posted 12 years ago by dopiaza Subscriber! | Permalink

Replies

• Were you in a quest right before any of this, or other instanced location? Burnabee and a few other streets are ones we send you back to when using /home and /leave in quests. I know that's not a quest street, but I'm not really sure what happened. 
    Posted 12 years ago by kevbob Subscriber! | Permalink
  • No, no quests or anything like that were involved. The sequence of actions (as well as I can remember) was:

- I teleported from home into Gambir Preserve and did a little Fox Brushing.
    - I exited there into Tachai Tanbur and summoned the Rube
    - The Rube had nothing interesting so I harvested the Bean tree I was standing next to
    - Still miffed with the Rube, I entered /leave to get out of there
    - I got the snotty message reminding me that I always get that the wrong way around, and I couldn't 'leave' until I went home
    - I entered /home to really get out of there
    - Landed in my home street and entered my house
    - Changed my mind and entered /leave to go back to the world
    - Found myself in Burnabee
  • OK, I think I've figured this out. It's all to do with impatience.

If you leave the world for your home street and then enter your house, and during the transition between the two (while the load screen is showing) you enter /leave into Local chat, nothing happens - you end up in your house as originally planned. The act of doing that, however, causes the game to forget where you were. Once the next location has properly loaded and you're actually in your house, if you type /leave again, you get sent to one of the standard starting locations (I'm in Adanac right now, even though my last location was in Balzare)